1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wing looks small. I'm gonna guess private.

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Bombshell- Ricciardo signs with the Renault team for next year.

scottn and dobr24 like this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I really thought he would get Kimi's seat. Oh well, I like the dude no matter who he drives for.

Razr likes this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Toe needs a map.

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Alonso to red bull!

cpettit likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Fingers crossed...

7. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

With Red Bull switching to Honda power next year, I think its a pretty slim chance of that happening. Honda has been a little better this year but still very far behind Mercedes and Ferrari. Ive read some of the reliability issues with McLaren/Honda were the McLaren car design and packaging, with Red Bull's good aero and tight packaging (and reliability issues with the Renault this year which could be partially due to this), it could be a rough year for Red Bull next year.

8. DrA5

Cover of F1 Racing Magazine received in the mail yesterday, "Can Honda Make Dan a Champion".

Kind of like "Dewey Beats Truman".

scottn likes this.
  9. DrA5

Renault said Danny's failure and Max's failures were due to having to use old Renault PU parts because their tight Newey packaging won't allow for the upgraded units.

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Wow I wonder if Ric just walked or he knew they weren't gonna play ball with him or something? Rumor mill is gonna hit the red limiter until Red Bull signs someone that's for sure.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Carlos Sainz is still a Red Bull driver.

noles19 likes this.
  12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Alonso to McLaren Andretti Autosport :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The more I think about this, they're more it looks like the biggest F U I have ever seen in F1. If you think about how contentious the relationship is currently between Red Bull and Renault, and how Red Bull have been taking their sweet time to make a decision about whether to release Sainz to Renault for next year, holy shit. :crackup:

scottn likes this.
  14. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Bold move from Ricciardo. Methinks a cubic shit-ton of francs will be headed to Aus.

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

That what I thought of too... Going to the manufacturer that's currently giving you engines that fail lol... Crazy.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He is just cutting out the middleman(Red Bull), now he can bitch directly at the source. :D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Oh the energy drink dude bragging about buying the team didn't get it huh? Lol that guy's interviews are lolz.

William Storey of Rich Energy
    [​IMG]

19. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Im excited about this, sucks for Ocon, I think he will be odd man out, but we finally get to see if Stroll is anything at all. And we didn't lose a team on the grid.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe someday, but not yet.