1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long have you been here? BBS/WERA

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I guess technically I’ve been around WERA since 1978 when my dad raced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Since 2006, But I think I'm the first OFFICIAL cat lady.

3. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2002

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

5. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

08 with a plan to race back then, but was in college and broke. Not as broke, first race in 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

8-1/2 years.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Pre-BBS … anyone see themselves?

8. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

4-19-2004

9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

April 18, 2000

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Coming up on 10 years. August 15, 2008.

I turned a wheel on the track for the first time July 5, 2008. Trashed a set of OEM plastics on the 954 that day, and the foot peg/rear brake trenched the Bus Stop at Blackhawk in the crash. Patched together the plastics and went to another track weekend at Gingerman Aug 9-10, and became hooked.

11. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Oct. 2003. No name changes or bannings. Fuck, I'm old and dull...:crackup:

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

End of 2009. A friend told me about the WERA board. His comment was that there were a bunch of assholes that liked to make fun of each other, including the mods, and that I would probably like it.

13. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Geez, March 6 2002. I NEVER would have guessed that. Can’t remember what even brought me here in the first place

14. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

8-27-2002

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Ken the beard Essex, what a guy!

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Hey Mongo don't piss me off. And don't piss off other Michiganders like Eddie Kraft, Larry Cohee, and Fred Kling. We MI peeps are good home folks and you the former Ohio buck nut dude needs to respect us! :D:D:D

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Racing with WERA 1983 posting on the BBS once I retired like 2017.

18. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I started racing with Wera back in 1996, joined the original beeb back in 98 or 99 under usernames Cirrusaero or Cirrus, lost emails and passwords, took hiatus during a few years and so....

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

That was Dean Adams' group. Forgot the name because some guy ("Flying Saucr" ?) Posted Dean's phone number on the net and he nuked the group. A second one started but it didn't have the reach of the first one. Larry Maiers was in it, too. We met face-to-face at Road Atlanta in 1999. He gave me hell about some remarks I made online about live broadcasts of racing. Frankie the Finger cracked me up when he said to Larry, "You really talk like that!"

My milestones are: June 1981, First time at Loudon. 1996, Became a USCRA and LRRS official, signed onto Race@Micapeak. (Still get the annual donation request every year.) 1997, Yahoo Club with Dave Kopf, Cuzin Rick, Larry and Dean. April 21, 2001, Joined the WERA BBS. (1 one week banning for posting the "Leave Brittney Alone!" video in General. Semi officially appointed to administer bitch pops.)

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist