1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long have you been here? BBS/WERA

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Aug 1, 2018.

1. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

somehow.. Im not sure how, its all still fuzzy. a corner worker told me about this place.

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

'97 or so I seem to remember WERA Vintage had our own site and forum? I was drunk or racing all the time back then so I don't remember. Hadn't become an internet addict then because real life was so much more fun then.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Own site yes, forum no.

4. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

This is correct. I recall the reboot.

Some of us knew each other via a Yahoo group. I knew my cuz JohnnyB and Dave K via that group before the WERA BBS existed.

Johnny B likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the race email list. And the DD group too if I remember correctly - but that's been a long time :D

7. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
    You make a good point!

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

BBS March 2004
    WERA 1978

motoboy likes this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

[email protected], or something like that, was the email list. There were a few others out there, such as the two strokes list, Thumper, etc. Some were admined by a guy formerly living in ATL, Alan Fleming. Real nice guy.

Here's the first thread from the latest reboot. There were at least two others previous to the current:

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/first-post.2229/

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

This is like road racing, Mongo is killing forums. Everybody has been here 20 years or so, where is new generation? :)

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, still on the racemail list too. Not very active these days but it's there.

They're reading all this and pointing at the old people while laughing :D

Cam Morehead likes this.
  12. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Present! Been here since 2015, though I lurked for a few years previous. Had to think carefully before jumping on here with you crazy people.

The BBS has to be one of WERA's more valuable outreaches. Not sure I would have gotten into racing without this place, and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

13. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Profile says January 2001 but I feel like I was here before that. I do know it was right after I met @stickboy274 . I blame him for most of this crap...

14. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Sound about right. At one point I was probably the most often banned member but then the real professionals came in.

I still wonder what happened to that Dan Duragu? dude...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

418 likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I saw that after I posted :crackup:

It does fit with the whole bringing a sandwich to the track thread too :D

418 likes this.
  19. Jul 11, 2000.

20. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Around 15 years... Started creeping the bbs around 2003. Got to actually race 2-3 seasons around 06-07... Then family life got in the playing Joe-Racer game... and have just been creeping the bbs since.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018