1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite place to live on the east coast

Discussion in 'General' started by Six3SixGal, Mar 29, 2017.

1. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I’m happy in my little place of Dunwoody Georgia so of course I think it’s the best

2. packfan

packfan El Presidente

I have been in the Raleigh area for 30+ years and it is a great place to live. It is a good mix of liberal and conservative. Having three major universities really helps diversify the culture in Ral, Dur, and Chapel Hill from other parts of the state. I grew up in Winston-Salem and Greensboro and while I liked it there (family still there) it is much closer to "redneck south" than the Ral area. Crime is generally low here. Traffic is not that bad if you ask me. M-F rush hours exist for sure but nothing like Atlanta or DC. You will have some stop and roll but rarely just total gridlock.

2 hours to the beach or 3.5 to the mountains. VIR is less than 2 hours, Road Atlanta is a little over 5. I am on the east side of Ral 20 mins between Lizard Lick and Zebulon 1.5 hours to the beach.

Job availability is good generally for almost any occupation. Tech and Health Care are probably the biggest.

3. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Thanks, guys! Now I just need to go remote with work and buy another R6 to kick your butts on :P

4. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Go Get em girl! I personally like it here in NE Florida. Good mix of rednecks, knuckleheads and hipsters to keep it interesting. Close enough to the mouse (Orlando) but far enough way. Never gets too cold but chilly enough to have a fire in the fireplace a handful of times. Oh and we got da beach!!

5. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

I somehow read your post to say Fireball in your hand... and I got excited. I love that garbage.