1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racers/Trackday Riders Beware: John Cook/ Trackday Winner

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

If I didn't know any better I'd swear John and CR were the same person just alter egos. They have to be related somewhere down the line...

BigBird likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's OK to do it in a real compassionate way, offering to pray for them and shit.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's interesting that he seems to think he's going after me when WERA is 100% solely Evelynes and WERA is Evelyne. So he's attacking her with all of this.

5. I don’t understand why this is a surprise. If you go into work as a contracted employeee, start mouthing off to the bosses, and present them with a law suit, you’re getting walked out the front door. Regardless if you’re right or wrong, you’re out of a job. John Cook is out of a job for doing exactly that.

He’s also wrong and a jackass but that doesn’t negate the rest of it. Guy is delusional.

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

100% agree!

7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Can someone post a mugshot of this person.

I’d like to know who this is.

Thanks

ToofPic and track wagon like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's not out of a job, he can sell tires wherever he likes - just not at out events. That and as he's posted here he is so rich he can afford to lose money putting on trackdays for the betterment of the sport.

dantheman and R/T Performance like this.
  9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Im really at a loss for words when it comes to this. Its just so cataclysmically stupid, i dont know where to begin with it.

Gcooper9 likes this.
  10. He lost a large chunk of revenue for running his mouth and if Dunlop was smart they wouldn’t have him representing their brand. There are a a lot of people who can and currently do his job, he’s replaceable and fairly easily. I stand by my statement though, you don’t get to run your mouth and threaten law suits without getting walked out the front door. Him staying only opens more opportunities for him to try and sue you, Evelyn and WERA. Plus it just looks bad.

11. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

I questioned Dunlop decision to make him a vendor.. glad they will be forced another way.. maybe I won’t have to pay for shipping and mount my own tires now

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hope he uses Babuska's breakfast-cereal-box lawyer. I'd love to see him post again on the BBS. That was fun to read.

Wingnut, scottn and Ducti89 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You definitely won't. The vendor taking care of Dunlop customers at WERA races will be Race Tire Services.

r6boater and galloway840 like this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's what I was thinking...

IndoR1yamaha likes this.
  15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

lost me in the first post at, "hate speech"..

condon66 likes this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

17. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

This has baffled me since the beginning. I have no dog in the hunt - nor do I want one. I've met John and I've said hi in passing and things like that, but I've never done any kind of business with him. Not intentionally either, I just haven't. He clearly he has a way of royally pissing people off. I'm glad I'm kinda new and somewhat removed from the machinations of all this but it's a curiosity to say the least.

18. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Turbines to boost. We have lift off... Just when I think nothing will amaze me, BAM.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Oh the motorcycle industry .... like a fine wine, gets better with age.

ToddClark, MELK-MAN, bleacht and 3 others like this.
  20. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Hate talk is one thing - you guys seem to thrive on it here. But when you post something here that isn't just a poke, that isn't just normal forum fun and games, when you post something that never happened with the sole intent on causing personal and professional damage - there are consequences. I understand that and am willing to suffer the consequences of my actions - I hope a few of you are ready and willing to accept the consequences of your actions too.

First - let me address the comments attributed to me about Sean. I know what I saw the day I met with Sean and Evelyne a few years ago at a BBQ restaurant in Canton. I gave my opinion to Sean of how I saw him treat Evelyne that day and ever since then I've been his target. It was an opinion based on what I have seen and experienced in my life and I let him know I thought that type of behavior was unacceptable but I said it to his face.

As for the incident at Road Atlanta. It was a race weekend, I was brand new to racing, and was trying to grab a spot on the upper level. There was a lady there that had a large area blocked off with her truck and some chairs. The only people that were present was myself, the lady, and Fred Turner (and her dog). I made several attempts to reason with her - that she couldn't just take up two power stations since it was a first-come first served situation. The situation went downhill as I got angry and I called her a very bad name - I called her a yapping cunt. I did it and I have regretted it ever since. I was called down to the control tower to see WERA (Evelyne & Emily). They asked me about it and I admitted everything including calling her that name. They asked me to apologize to her and that if I did nothing else would be said or done as long as it didn't happen again. I apologized to her and to her husband that very evening and they also accepted my apology.

The incident at Jennings was when a lady rider oiled up the track. I and some others posted the incident on Facebook right after it happened. I had been standing by her pit after the spill and heard her say that she had changed the oil earlier and had forgotten to tighten the drain plug. I was in my pit area about a football field away when she approached my camper with two Jennings employees with her. She came to me and asked me "why did you call me out my name on Facebook". We started having a conversation and in that conversation I did tell her "if she didn't understand the importance of checking something like that you may not be ready for track". One of the Jennings employees said he was going to finish this shit right now and get us all banned from Jennings and got on his radio. There were six people there - myself, the lady, the two Jennings employees and two of my close friends. Was I out of line - no. I was in my pit and they came to confront me. Did the conversation get a bit heated - I'm pretty sure it did. Did any of us get kicked out or banned from Jennings - no. Jackie came over, I explained to her what had happened, and she told the girl and her employees to leave. She never said another word to me about the incident that day or since.

It's no secret that I've said good and not so good things about STT and about Trevor Sadler, and I own up to all the things I've actually said and actually posted. What I won't own up to is people saying I said or did something when I never said or did it. I'd go out on a limb here and say I think most reasonable people would feel the same way - take a poke or two in stride but defend yourself when a lie is posted and spread with the sole intent on hurting their name, hurting their employment, and hurting their businesses. That is why we are here today. Trevor posted up a total lie on this forum just to hurt me. I've asked him to provide proof and nothing comes from him. He now says that I deleted the original post and it is not longer available but that "over one dozen individuals" will provide depositions saying they saw the post. Okay - let's say I did post what he said and I deleted the post just like he said. Any reasonable man that heard or saw something like that posted up about their wife for the entire world to see would take a screen shot, take a picture, copy it on a machine, or in some way memorialize that awful post about their wife, right? Okay, he hasn't been able to produce anything but he says "over one dozen individuals" are willing to state that they saw it. Surely, if it happened, one of those individuals would have memorialized that post, right? What about chatter & communication? Surely one of those individuals sent a text, an email, a private message to the Sadlers letting them know it was out there, right? But guess what - not a single bit of real evidence has been provided to show in any way that this happened. My "history" with confrontations with two women since 2014 automatically gives credibility to Trevors post and you guys eat it up like ice cream and torch me like a gas-soaked piniata. Not a single person here will set themselves and their prejudices aside to really see the truth - you would rather sharpen those pitchforks and get the carillo rods ready for action.

Truth is I am a bit of an asshole. I sometimes do stuff that I regret later and I work on it every day. I'm not anywhere near what RB says I am or what a few others here say too but they don't even know me and have never taken a single minute to try and get to know me. Truth also is I'm fine with that. I know some people don't like me and I'm fine with that too. I, like all of us, am a work in progress. I get up every day with good intentions and do my best to stay away from all the haters in this world. I can be a bit arrogant and I hate it when I am - that is the truth.

Which brings us to today. My attorney asked WERA last week to take down the post that Trevor made. We informed WERA that the post was untrue and could not be substantiated. We gave WERA the same deadline as we gave the Sadlers - 10 working days - or we would seek legal recourse in the form of a lawsuit to have that filth removed and cease the damage that it was causing me personally and professionally. If anyone wants to see the letter I will gladly post it up if allowed. WERA just today chose to revoke my racing license and to ban me from their events in retaliation for sending them the letter - thereby facilitating the loss on my job with Dunlop race tires and continuing to allow that lie to damage me and my other businesses. I guess I could just shrug my shoulders and say oh well, that's just the way it is. But I'm not that kind of man. I can take good-natured or even bad-natured ribbing, but when someone causes real damage, when someone intentionally chooses to support hate in the form of a untrue post on their forum and continues to allow me to be victimized - I have to take a stand.

I hope that WERA will reconsider their action and rescind my ban. I hope WERA understands that a public display of what is on this forum and the negative publicity of what a lawsuit can bring can only bad for everyone. I hope WERA understands that legal action is very expensive and everyone loses in the end except the attorneys. I hope WERA understands that by taking the action they did today they are no longer an innocent bystander and Section 230 doesn't apply to what has now transpired. I hope WERA understands that even though they may not be liable for what someone else posted on the forum they can/will be held liable for continuing to allow that post to injure someone when they have been notified that is is not true and also have been requested to remove it. I hope that our action against the Sadlers will help them understand the consequences of their actions just as the additional actions we are now contemplating will help others understand there are consequences.

John H. Cook
    1002 Poplar Springs Road, STE B
    Adairsville, Georgia 30103
    770-877-0326

Me at Barber 3 2018.jpg 7201ba1da13fe6bb8ca1bb2ad2832351880d2fdd.jpg 8894d40af7a8a35f64d17ca732c46b3013d34b62.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018