1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPM Suing NJMP

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jul 26, 2018.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh there's a few IMs being exchanged that are picking up the slack. :D

Dutch likes this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Since NESBA no longer exists, is it time for TPM sucks?

Seriously I used to go to their track days, but then the “racing” started eating into the track time and the reputation of the NJMP days with them wasn’t so good so I went to other organizations. With that said I always thought the days I went to were well run and the coaches / control riders were fine.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

oh yea. My im on fb and my phone text alert were blowin up today. interesting stuff to say the least.
    "hearsay" ! ! ! LOL

G 97 likes this.
  4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

So wasn't the other guy in the picture I posted.

G 97 likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Pork is a verb

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

(russ)dad i think he's gonna pork her.
    (clark)he's not gonna pork her russ.
    (russ) no dad really look.
    (clark) ok, he may pork her

[​IMG]

tawzx12r and joec like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Based on his own response to RRW he sold off at least part of it. Otherwise he wouldn't have used the word "entire" to try and refute what NJMP said.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah? Who?

021torch likes this.
  9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea I saw the update yesterday, he seemed to clear that up right away.

About half the guys in my crew that began with strictly TD's went onto racing, unfortunately with the other org.....and I actually know quite a few others, from TPM, that did as well and still do on occasion. But I'm talking about way back when I'm pretty sure WERA wasn't coming to NJMP just yet.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Ross Thompson. I'm trying to think of who Drew Anglada rode with out at Pocono. But it might have been them too. There was another guy from my neighborhood who rode a gsxr750 way back then who did a track day at summit with them that I helped a little. God, his name was Ted something. He lasted about 2 race events before hurting himself wadding up his street bike and selling everything. Lol. I don't think he raced with wera.

Tpm did manage to hold an event at Jersey the first year they were open. It was on the light bulb track, but they did. I was there. They were seemingly the biggest local trackday club and almost everyone I knew back then did an event with them at some point. Glen always seemed odd but nice enough.

They were the first club i remember who started doing the racing at lunch tthing. That was not long after they started up. Less than 5 years at that point. I'd imagine that ended the cross pollination. But before that, they were a normal track day group.

I know Glen was pretty damned fast and from what I remember did a bunch of club racing before starting tpm. Thats going back I think at least 15 years. Kenny Martin from mrp was racing around then too from what I remember. Just for frame of reference.

I used to hate seeing those big letters on people's fairings around town. Lol

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whatever happened with Glens car crash at Summit anyway?

12. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

If I remember that was Glenn crashing Linda's car at Summit. Then telling her to claim it on her insurance.

BTW what do you think the "trade secrets" mentioned in that article that NJMP was trying to steal from TPM?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought he did it and someone got hurt (girlfriend and driving wifes car?) but it's been a while. Hell, the thread is probably still here somewhere.

I literally laughed out loud at the trade secrets :crackup:

All I can think based on all the accusations together is he was trying to work some deal to run an exclusive at the track with the track and they wanted his mailing list. It's the only thing he'd have that no one else would - majority of his riders having most likely ridden with other orgs notwithstanding :D

14. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Yeah I had the same reaction to "trade secrets." It ain't rocket science after all. I had the same thought too re trying to secure exclusivity with the track. It never works. As a track why would you want to put all your eggs in the same basket?

15. joec

joec brace yourself

I only heard the story from someone who was there.. not only did it sound epic, but equally stupid. Those were good times though. Lol.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I never rode with TPM. You can have a bad experience with any org on any day. It only takes one person to mess up your day, and it’s easy to have varying points of view on what happened or should (not) have happened, etc.

It’s really unfortunate that anything like this results in a lawsuit.

I understand feeling inclined to go to the mat when you know you’re right, but “what do we have to do to resolve this and move forward?” tends to be much less expensive, and ultimately less irritating.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Having dealt with NJMP once and VIR since they reopened (same owners) the only thing I could ever see to get your dates cancelled is schedule conflicts (us and repaving and possibly us and a really large event in 2019) or as the track said, non payment. You don't get the deposit in and they look for someone else to rent. Been that way since before TPM existed and those tracks in particular are much more strict about the contracts than others.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Maybe his trade secret is conducting trackday events with out actually using a track. :D. If this is the case, he’s headed in the right direction. :crackup:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Works for the IRacing guys :D

Mot Okstef and 418 like this.
  20. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

That would probably work out well. All he would have to do is provide a fake backdrop for everyone to take their IG pics against and charge $50 a head. He could also offer up a service where you use a belt sander to remove the chicken strips from your tires as well as scuff up your virgin knee pucks. Extra $ of course.

Mot Okstef and 418 like this.