1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPM Suing NJMP

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jul 26, 2018.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yours has a better title anyway, I'll nuke mine later.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, Yeller Ferrari drivers, can you explain to me how they can file in Eastern PA if NJMP is based in Joisey? Would NJMP have to file for a change of venue?

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It could depend where the agreement was signed or there could be an election of venue clause in it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Federal court.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dafan… Haven't I read that name on the BBS before?

Shenanigans likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now that you mention it, it is definitely familiar.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gotcha.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Any relation to AMAfan?

10. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

LMFAO Dafan used to run the original R6 forum back in the day. It made this place look like a peaceful retirement home. He was also a CCS Expert if I remember correctly. Better not say what I really think about this or I'll be named in the suit.

rugbymook, Shenanigans and G 97 like this.
  11. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

The alleged damages are to a business (Pro-Motion) based in PA.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But I thought you had t sue in the home state of the company you were suing. I remember reading a bunch of patent troll lawsuits being tossed out of Texas because of this. Really, shit if I know, it's something I'd have to defer to the yeller ferrari crew to answer.

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I wondered what was going on with this, it was on Facebook that n2 was taking over the dates before the members of tpm that had singed up were even notified that it was cancelled.
    A post after from Glen made it seem like something was going on with tpm and nc bike also.

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

r6_philly on here?

GixxerBlade likes this.
  15. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

They can file a motion to transfer the venue based on travel costs to defend, hardship, etc., but its ultimately up to the court. Not that I agree but this is exactly why when there's a dispute between out of state parties its a race to file the complaint first to establish venue. Maybe Pants Romano will chime in here...no yeller Ferrari though. :)

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Is this Glen's cousin? Just asking

[​IMG]

17. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Surprised it took this long for something to happen.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Sounds similar to what happened with Mid Ohio and STT. After years of STT renting Mid Ohio they started running their own tracdays what 12-15 years ago?

JBall likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did they kick STT out or did STT stop renting it?

A little different since NJMP is still renting to N2. Not sure if anyone else is doing trackdays there or not.

Although thinking about it, Mid-O will rent the track out to others too. So might be the same, dunno.