1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite place to live on the east coast

Discussion in 'General' started by Six3SixGal, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Still suggest Greenville.

BHP41 likes this.
  2. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Asheville

3. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I've been to Raleigh several times recently, and think it's a great place. I like Asheville too, but you're an hour plus from I-77. And they have winter in Asheville. :)

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Sorry, Asheville is quickly becoming like Austin which is, in turn, becoming like California. Way too liberal and the traffic sucks. If I had to pick a place in NC it would be Boone...(and yeah, I do like winter too:))

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Monterey Ca. :D

rd400racer and Wingnut like this.
  6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC? Daughter goes to school there. Live near the beach and mountains not too far away.

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I loved going up to Boone to visit the kids when they went to school there. Having said that, it is an extra 45 minutes of driving to go anywhere. It’s getting close to retirement time and Greenville SC is on the list of places to look into.

8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Who cares? BATTLESHIP!!!!

9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

So you are saying there is a chance....

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Greenville SC, Belmont and Mt Holly NC both across the river from Charlotte.

11. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

ahh hell savannh is the shit . growing and lots of bidness . lots of military and the jobs associated with it.great food and things to do. close to beachs. robling road race track is there. people are friendly. traffic is a little wankey. town is realy historic.lovely layout of city plan.not too far from GA mountains

drop likes this.
  12. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Knoxville, TN ain't bad. Blacksburg and Roanoke, VA are good too as well as Ashville, NC. I have heard housing prices in Nashville have gotten crazy but it's a fun city.

drop likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The best place to live on the east coast is the west coast. We are full.

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

San Diego

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Westport. Clams to die for.

16. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

:stupid: BTW, before you try to move to Asheville, try to find a place to live.....

17. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

I would think jobs are more important than housing - with the right industry/salary, the housing doesnt matter as much. I'm convinced that if I can survive in Seattle as a single earner, I can nearly anywhere

18. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

It matters if there is a waiting list for housing. You may have to pay for a house that isn't built yet.....

19. 418

418 Expert #59

You forgot about the insufferable heat/humidity and the gnats.

20. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm just going to toss in a no vote for Baltimore. While it has a few things going for it, the occasional 2 feet of snow, the dumb ass people, and the lack of services and high end appointments is a big no thanks. And good luck on that 200k a year in town here. And no to Richmond and Nova too.

From what I've read about Greenville, I'm jealous of mh.

Tracks within a day here are plentiful. 5 hrs not so much. The only local race shop is mrp if they are still around.