1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time with WERA, first time endurance racing

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by sbk1198, May 30, 2018.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Hmm...someone above said a guy did it solo on an R3 at NJMP without stopping, and I believe NJMP is a bit faster of a track so the fuel consumption should be a bit more. But then again he said that was in the rain, so maybe that made a huge difference and perhaps it's not possible to do 2 hours in the dry. To be honest I never expected it. I figured about 40-45 laps is about as much as you could do on a full tank of gas on these bikes, and the race will be over 60.

r6boater likes this.
  2. sbk1198

I'm a bit confused about what I need to do (and how) to get registered for this. First off, can I get just a 1-weekend license with WERA if I already have a CCS license? I see that to make an account I need a WERA ID#. How do I get that?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To pre enter you need a WERA license. You can do a weekend license at the track no problem at all.

4. sbk1198

So that means there's no way to pre-register for this (without a full wera license) and have to just do it all at the track that Friday before the race day? The other guy on my team is also not licensed with wera, so would it be best to just take care of everything at the track then? I'm ok with it either way, I just don't want to waste a lot of time and deal with the hassle of doing things at the track if it can be done ahead of time. But if that's the best option and it's not something that takes a lot of time, I'm fine with it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Correct. Not sure if we'll be open Friday or Saturday morning. It'll go quick. If you want to do a full license we could handle that ahead of time but not the weekend.

6. sbk1198

If you're not going to be open Friday or Saturday morning, how's that gonna work? lol...I think the endurance race is right after lunch on Saturday, if I recall. I figured since Friday is a practice day, registration and tech would be open for that whole day.

Out of curiosity, what's the cost of a full license vs a weekend license? I don't think a full license would make sense for me since this is likely to be the only WERA round I'm doing this year.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We will be open Saturday, my not sure is if we'll be open first on Friday or if it'll be Saturday... Friday is a track day put on by N2, not a practice day.

If it's your first time ever with us the license is $80 (normally $130) vs $50 for a weekend - and ours are good for 12 months, they don't expire Dec 31.

8. sbk1198

Hmm....that sounds like a good deal. Tempting...very tempting. So if I go the full license route, I can register for it online now?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

10. sbk1198

Another question...I found out that for the endurance race I have to register on N2's website, which is fine, but do you know if I can add another teammate later after I register? My teammate has been out of town on vacation and hasn't been able to send in his license/membership application yet. Can I just sign up for the endurance race with just me as the rider, and then add him on the team later? Or is that a question for someone at N2?

11. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

You can register with one rider and add another later assuming no they are licensed.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can add them later or even change the roster around totally - everyone will need to sign the form/release at registration anyway.

sbk1198 likes this.