1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howza 'bout a 2019 WSBK Silly Season Thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Steady T, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Sykes out at Kawasaki.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2018/Sykes and Kawasaki to part ways for 2019

A few MotoGP refugees might be seeking citizenship in the WSBK Paddock (Redding, Bautista).

Mikey VDM was mentioned for the Petronas Yamaha in MotoGP, but I think those are now filled by Mobidelli and Quartararararo.

Gagne out at Honda?

Chaz wants to test the V4 before re-signing?

It's common knowledge that teams and riders consult the beeb for advice on these matters. Now's your chance to make a difference.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Sykes is a douche and showed everyone as such this year. Yamaha would be foolish not to throw $$$ at VDM as he’s a winner and consistent front runner now but should dump Lowes as he’s continuously yardsaling bikes and being outperformed by VDM. Gagne was a pity pick for the Stars and Stripes to replace Nicky, the experiment failed. No, another year will not help his ‘transition’ to the world stage as you’re expected to be quick off the bat. Beaubier had speed in his wildcard at Donington a few years back on a one off ride, Gagne has not. Does anyone really blame Chaz for wanting to taste the next 3 years? He’s the only one who could consistently run up front with it less the stars aligning for Melandri a race here or there. I’d like to see Laverty back on something competitive as Rea was rumored to have said recently he’s the only one who could give him a solid run for his money the entire year.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why Rea is still there is a crime.

418 and cpettit like this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gagne DESERVES another two years. New bike, team, rider, especially that shitty Honda you can't blame the results on him.

stk0308 and TX Joose like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

Heard Bautista is going to WSBK?

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Kawasaki should hold a test and let Bautista, Redding and a couple others try it out. Pick whoever goes best on it over a couple of days. I wish Yamaha would take Beaubier in place of Lowes but that's probably just wishful thinking. Is there gonna be a Suzuki team on the grid next year?

7. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

i'd like to see Jake Dixon get a shot at that Kawi.

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I believe one of the WSS Yamaha teams are moving up to WSBK for 2019 with the same "factory" support as the PATA squad so that would make 4 "factory supported" Yamahas on the grid. It would be cool to see Beaubier get the call for a seat on one of those bikes.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Yes on the Suzuki. Bradley Ray has one of those seats I believe.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Isn't WSBK like MotoGP? Aren't there only so many open grid positions or does WSBK have room to add more. If a new team is going to form does that mean another team will be leaving?

I definitely like the idea of Laverty taking over the #2 seat @ Kawi. He was a real threat there in WSBK for several years before going into a bit of a lull aboard not so competitive hardware.

...and he's even got the helmet to match already.

[​IMG]

11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I disagree Gagne was not a fail. Plus now that Leon broke his next his future is uncertain. Keep Jake and see if he improves next year.

What about PJ? Come. Back to Moto America and get some mojo back?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think if you have the bikes, the bucks and the balls Dorna would let you on the grid. Maybe even two of them and you got a spot.

13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I don't think WSBK limits the grid spots. I havent found any info suggesting it. even if they did, im sure their max is higher than 20.

Laverty is already showing interesting in the Duc.

14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I dont think Dorna has the same limitations on WSBK. I think as long as a team is willing to pay entry fees and have fast enough riders to qualify for a race, they will allow them to race.

I think Laverty is for sure gone from the Aprilia squad. During the last race, there were talks that he is working on a contract with either Kawi or Duc. During the same weekend, rumors started going around that Melandri may go back to Yamaha next year as well.

The other rumor was that the Team SMR may be leaving Aprilia and going back to BMW if the new generation S1000RR is ready.

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Herrin should be in WSBK.

Dude is so hungry right now. And take Fong too!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm gonna need further information please.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

BSB broadcast announcers chatter.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Sykes might be taking one of those seats on the new Yamaha team.
    Would be tough for Beaubier, dont know if he is faster than Lowes.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I would put him up there on speed and way ahead on not giving his mechanics extra work each night

track wagon, rafa, Steady T and 2 others like this.
  20. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I read somewhere Sykes was asking for too much money from Yamaha, and that they're leaning towards resigning the current lineup. And rumor has it that Haslam is taking the Kawi seat. I'd really like to see Laverty on a fast bike. Wins 9 races his last season on the factory Aprilia, then gets stuck on subpar equipment for years.