1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. hiddentoken

hiddentoken Sine Labore Nihil

Well the jury is still very much out for me on Quatararo. At this point I feel that he is almost as overrated as Nicola Bulega.

Change my mind.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

He's finally finding his mojo that was expected 3 years ago. I'm not so sure I'd sign him to a MotoGP ride, but a lot of these teams are hoping to sign the next MM type prodigy.

hiddentoken likes this.
  3. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Bulega was my guy to watch in Moto3 a couple years ago, and he's just spiraled downwards since then... I wonder what happened to him.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are rumors of personal/family issues that took his head out of the game.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, he caught Zarcoitis too? Man that is three times personal/family has been mentioned in the past week on riders slowing down.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Whatever it is, he had it long before Zarco.

7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

So Zarco stole his woman. Wonder who's next?

8. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

So, I guess Bautista is going to start sniffing around for a 2019 ride in WSBK. What decent rides are still available?

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Man I know it’s soooo probably impossible but I’d love to see some of these guys come here and race dirt track.

Sam Halbert went to Rossi ranch and said that group is very very fast.

Apparently they all love The dirt and when one of our fastest has a hard time beating them thatbsays just how good they are.

BigBird and dieterly like this.
  10. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

sounds like the Petronas squad may srsly be SKY/VR46 1.0

morbidelli and ......bezzecchi?

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Where'd you hear this?

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Bring those guys to a track that Sammy uses as much as they use Rossi's. Or give Sammy the time to get as familiar with Rossi's ranch, and the story might change. Not saying those guys aren't extra fast. But I get the feeling there's a track knowledge gap here.

Ferran Cardus(Spanish National flat track champ) is doing alright here, but he's not setting the singles game on fire.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He might not beat MotoGP racers either. :D

14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Saw a pic on Reddit of the 2006 rider line-up. Next year the only remaining rider will be Valentino.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Heard an interesting point about the impending Rossi MotoGP squad. Assuming they do buy Yamahas and assuming they do land stupid money sponsorship who will Yamaha give the keys to? The Factory squad or the Satellite Rossi squad? Who gets the sweet parts and data? Both camps?

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

As Gigi has orchestrated at Ducati three or four fast riders on high levels of equipment sharing development and data, that will move the bike forward faster than just 2 factory riders and a couple of loaned machines. If Yamaha can find the right guy to coordinate it all, it could be a huge plus. If not, it could lead to a lot of infighting, and Cal Crutchlow type of complaining about so and so has that part and I don't issues.

Honda would never let that kind of data and control out of the factory team. I am assuming there is stuff Cal's team can't touch so there is a factory Honda guy or 3 on their team that take care of those parts.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And where does that leave this super-duper funded Petronas team?

18. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

On Aprilias :)

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Yup. Tons of money for them in dirt track......