1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official World Cup Thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Back to actual Cup talk, and without getting into dungeon material, did anyone else see where I think Fifi was under attack for their cameras constantly showing attractive women?

Apparently there are some angry folks.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and pukes out the same tired shit again and again and again.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you guys are getting postgame coverage, do yourselves a favor and do not stare directly into the French coach's mouth. God damn!

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Dude, you sure know how to fuck up a thread.
    Viva le France!

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@cker!!! I had to go look. :crackup:

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Just showed Champs Elysees. Can you hear your TV Papa? :p

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well played, France!

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Mercifully, it's about 3 miles away from here. Now, if only I could disable car horns remotely.

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ya know, I could use some of that Russian monsoon over here tonight. :D

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hot damn a RB-DK hootenannie. I love the WC.

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Friggen Hillybillies can't even spell Hootenanny ... :crackup::D

Metalhead likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We were talking about that last night. I vote they have a committee watch the games and any obvious flop gets the player a fine after the event. Won't help the game right then but long term should help stop it.

Evidently if the ref does catch a fake they can yellow card but dunno if it happens.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was thinking that too - they'll be shipped east and poof gone :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So I did watch the finals yesterday, at the stadium followed by my first ever live pro soccer game. I do get the attraction. I also found out what UGA fans do during the college football offseason - 72 thousand people were in the stadium yesterday. Holy. Shit.

I also remember why I hate watching sports live, people are annoying as hell. :D

15. Robby-Bobby

I’d have to agree but still take it up a notch because in some instances it results in a win/loss.

It wouldn’t take much more time to review and “foul” in the attacking 1/3 that could result in a goal from a set piece.

Then if reviewed and deemed a flop then immediately issue a yellow card.

Fines sound nice till you realize that some of these teams/clubs could buy the lakers if they wanted. There’s sooooo much money that a fine is laughable in the sense they would accept it in exchange for the results they achieved.

It’s such a beautiful sport but man within the last 10 years it’s been more about getting away with theatrics and then scoring off free kicks than actual rate of play.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm looking at a long term deterrent more than anything but don't disagree on being able to handle it at the time too. It's obviously an issue.

Fines work, just have to make them high enough :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Lmfao you could hand Neymar a million dollar fine and he would smile as he put the ball in the back of the net! Lol

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He flops 5 times in a game it's 5 million, won't be too long before his 90 million net worth is eaten up. You won't be able to totally stop it but you can absolutely decrease it.

19. Robby-Bobby

Except the team (fans) would absorb that cost.

The biggest way to curb it is to card them and let them watch the game. Pretty soon they either stop the shit or get splinters from the bench.

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They could make the rule so the team can't pay it. Same for needing salary caps and so on. It can be done.

I agree about carding them during the game too. No need to just pick one method :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.