1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chappaquiddick: the movie

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Jul 14, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The one political discussion going on and it's in the wrong forum.

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

We dressed up for Halloween on year using this theme. I should dig up some photos...

Mot Okstef likes this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The National Lampoon fake VW advertisement has to be one of the top ten lampoons of all time.

R Acree likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is exactly what I was thinking :crackup:

There is nothing pro Ted in that name.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a discussion about a movie about a politician so far, not political at all.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’m not old enough to know much more than what I’ve read; but my dad said that event was weird.

There wasn’t much middle ground. There were those that wanted to hang Kennedy because it was obvious that he was guilty and sinister things happened. Then he said there were some that literally didn’t care because of the name Kennedy could do no wrong.

I’ve always thought from his policies (won’t get into specifics in general) that he was a piece of shit.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I had forgotten how close Ted's downfall was to the culmination of John's call to place a man on the moon.

8. Motofun352

Joe (Jr) and John's service during WWII were the best parts of that clan. I never doubted their (Joe and John's, that is) belief in fundamental American values. Anymore and I have to go to the dungeon. :eek:

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

That clan sure can party!

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well the money came from whiskey, so there is that.

11. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Yes, Joe was quite a hustler. Being from a Catholic and New England family, we knew all about their deal. Gram had a picture of JFK next to her cross, didn't matter what they were like (except Ted) - were royalty up here.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't know man... With that kind of resources, I would have escapades that would make Ron Jeremy blush. :D

Cawk Star likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I suspect they have stories that remain untold.

auminer likes this.
  14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Check your PM box.

15. Motofun352

Ha Ha...thanks! "Poor Teddy, If he'd been smart enough to buy a VW he never would have gotten into hot water"

16. I saw that fucking name and kept scrolling through the movies. I can’t even say that bullshit, I’m damn sure not watching it.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'n just surprised the movie even got made and didn't get buried.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Or drowned.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The family is today not considered the royalty they once were.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, they got cousin Skakel out and his conviction vacated. They still got the stroke.