1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justice Kennedy announced retirement.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jun 27, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You do realize you just did exactly what he said you were doing? At no point did you address the core topic of his post, you simply deflected.

From his post history, I have a hard time believing blkduc allows any bitchy talking head tell him what to think and say.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I did, I'll admit it. The second I see words such as "libtard" and "repugnigant" thrown into a conversation I go into a mini-rage of sorts. That's the first indicator that a less than intelligent conversation is about to take place.

I mean come on, if you see someone write or say something about motorcycles and the word "crotch rocket" get thrown out, doesn't the person saying it instantly lose credibility?

As a sidenote, I'm utterly shocked that our good friend blkduc didn't come back with a retort within .006 seconds of my posting, and I'm doubly shocked that I actually saw him post something in the General section. I would have figured he'd be blinded by the light from actually coming up from the Dungeon for a few seconds.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    R1Racer99 and sheepofblue like this.
  3. 600 dbl are

I don't disagree with any of that except I don't think blkduc and I are considered friends. I don't even think he and I have actually had a back and forth either. I was just making a simple observation.

To go along with your train of thought, I cannot stand identity politics. I think grouping people simply by whom they voted for is about as stupid as grouping people by the color of their skin. The left side of the isle does this more than the right, at least from my observations. I have lost good friends over this line of thinking.

rd400racer likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about losing friends over politics. My best friend in the world makes blkduc look like Hillary. But when I'm around him...no politics allowed. So we have a wonderful relationship.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Terminated acquaintances, a good friend can tolerate some differences.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My parents were Dems-for-life and my sisters and brother are also, so for years I've had to just keep my mouth shut at family gatherings, but it's gotten really difficult. They are generally as conversant with politics as I am with soccer but they none the less have strong opinions they must express.
    These days I bite my tongue until it bleeds.

7. 600 dbl are

Pretty much. I really thought the bond I had with one of my good friends was stronger than politics. When he told me to fuck off and meant it, because I voted for Trump it ended the friendship. Sad part was it was completely unsolicited.

8. sheepofblue

Nothing sad about it, better to find out when things don't matter. I have a friend who disagrees a fair amount with me but was MASSIVE help when I crashed and got run over a few hundred miles from home. He is a friend, you did not lose a friend. Oh and while I hope to never have to I would do the same for him or his wife if they needed it.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:clap: Thanks for the laugh and remaining steadfast in your progressive talking points. You avoid facing the reality of what I posted and deflect (poorly) by accusing me of not thinking for myself which is rich considering in the very post you are referring to I clearly state that I'm pro choice...hardly a "Hannity" talking point. :crackup: You people never disappoint.

10. sheepofblue

Baby killer, racist, Nazi sympathizer

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

DBE3E34B-3522-451A-B9AE-7847AD763AF9.jpeg