1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Party recruiting, via text...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eggfooyoung, Jul 13, 2018.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I received this yesterday:

Hi, Renee. I'm Karen, a MoveOn volunteer. We're kicking off a campaign to end Republican control of Congress in 2018 & ensure Aftab Pureval wins the race for House. Progressives uniting together can elect Aftab & beat the Trump agenda this year-will you pledge to vote on Nov 6? Reply YES & we'll share periodic texts from MoveOn's 668366 number about how you can make a difference. (Msg & data rates may apply)

My reply:

I've moved on from the Democratic party, as most hard working adults do. I suggest you do the same, and contribute your time to bettering our country as a whole. Please remove me from your text/call list. Thanks

Hers:

I'm opting you out of texts immediately. Have a great day.

We'll see if they stop.

brex likes this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I kinda wish you would have opted to receive them and then share the bat shit crazy here. :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd. WTF were you thinking?

4. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Get the same thing from Republicans, especially the senators. Apparently Obama has some conspiracy to take over the government and I should give money to the Republican party to stop him. Friggin politics, and I'm sure it works well too. People see these things and then send money, thinking they're helping. Stop that other party, they're evil, lazy, whatever. You're so smart for contributing to *this* party. You're making a difference (roll eyes).

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you. Karen doesn’t exist and you were telling off a bot. :D

These aren’t always what they seem. Apparently Gavin Newsom (loathsome SF lefto) was using his resources to promote a particular Republican for the open primary because he thought he’d be easier to beat.

6. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Aftab has a tough row to hoe. His congressional district is far larger than the county base who cared to vote in his election for County Clerk (and, only two years ago...). Warren County is one of the most wealthiest per capita counties in the state and one of the most far leaning right counties in the nation.

K51000 likes this.
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Did you send money? :Poke:

8. eggfooyoung

Oh, look, its the fucking dream police!

Prick!

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Send a dick pic

K51000 likes this.
  10. eggfooyoung

:eek: I don't even have your contact information.

Potts N Pans likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just post it here, he'll see it.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup::crackup:

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I will have to agree with some of the others. You missed an opportunity to remain on their list so that you could have the chance to sound like a brother and then "suggest different ideas" to them just to help further confuse their little feeble minds. :D

K51000 likes this.
  15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I'm Karen, a MoveOn volunteer. We're kicking off a campaign to end Republican control of Congress in 2018 & ensure Aftab Pureval wins the race for House. Progressives uniting together can elect Aftab & beat the Trump agenda this year-will you pledge to vote on Nov 6? Reply YES & we'll share periodic texts from MoveOn's 668366 number about how you can make a difference. (Msg & data rates mayapply):D

16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

63D2365F-0D79-4081-822F-6BDF9C082DF4.png I got this one yesterday.