1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bump.

Need to do lots of work to put my 250 into sumo trim so figured i’d upgrade from a Home Depot bucket.

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I use an O’Brien jackstand for all the dirty bike work. It has a small footprint, so it hides away quickly and lifts the bike plenty highly for whatever work you need done. Yes, $200, but certainly worth it.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think I found the generic version on Amazon - going to order that and see how it does.

upload_2018-7-11_20-34-7.png
    upload_2018-7-11_20-34-32.png

Phl218 likes this.
  4. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Was pretty excited when I saw pit-bull makes TRS pins for dirtbikes. Loading and unloading just got so much easier
    RenderedContent-AA5E494E-A644-4B4D-8046-39817DA752EB.JPG

Phl218 likes this.
  5. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

kdx2.jpg Im getting sooooooo close to firing this thing up (01 KDX200)!! Complete rebuild minus powder coating the frame. Every bearing and bushing has been replaced and the engine was completely rebuilt top to bottom with a modded carb and head. Warp 9 wheels with custom made spacers and a 2003 KX125 front end with custom springs. All thats left is wiring in a brake switch, bleeding the brakes and mounting the exhaust.
    View attachment 142547

Knotcher, wera313, Mick6R and 3 others like this.
  6. Resident Plarp

You’ll slay some trail with that machine. Nice work.

tropicoz likes this.
  7. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

My current "go to" is a 2018 Husky TE 150. I saw Husky of Atlanta sold the first 2019 Fuel Injected TE 300 yesterday... Fuel injected 2 strokes... Nice....

Stumpy likes this.
  8. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

This was my first time at Highland MX Park

9. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

becareful with ordering from parts giant, my parts always show up way before I am motivated enough to work on my stuff and their staff are all sharper than what most shops have on hand.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Resident Plarp

Werd. I think I’m going to end up with one of those bikes next year. The only reason I went with a four stroke last time out was for ease of finding fuel for street use. That oil-injected bit is niiiiiice. Plus, KTM/Husqvarna should have all the kinks I their FI system worked out by the 2020 mode year. Neat bikes.

tropicoz likes this.
  11. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

One of those is on my radar as well. It’ll probably take me until 2020 to save up for one lol.

12. Resident Plarp

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I guess I'm that last guy...

15315326599791.jpg

14. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

My bikes loaded, gassed, and ready for some Ga-naaaarly singletrack tomorrow. So me too.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Definitely the truth, and I'm ripping this to my FB.

16. Resident Plarp

Do it! Though, riding alone isn’t so bad. No need to wait up for the slow n’ wheezy types. So long as you stay in the trail, someone will find your carcass ina day or two.

17. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

That's why I stopped planning the ride entirely and just go by myself. If I run into someone one the trail, we ride, if not, I ride!

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Resident Plarp

Pretty much. I’ll send a note out that says “will be at X at 0800 this Saturday.”

If anyone writes back, or shows up, I promise to wait for ‘em at all the stop signs, and then don’t.

:D :D :D

19. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Today

roy826ex and tropicoz like this.
  20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Way to hot in MS this time of year to even look at your dirtbike much less ride it.

I’m waiting on our fall, late sept into November if it’s a dry fall which last few years it has been normal. The occasional wet fall does happen here though. Our summer this year has been a swamp! I hate rain. Our spring this year was a soup bowl. I rode once.