1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX scrub tech

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 11, 2018.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

do you charge then mound like a demon and the lift rear slightly(road race style heavy front stoppie) whilst yanking handle bars like i do or different approach? i tried light roll up then crank bars but the front feel is more important er for me lol ..... still wishing for photo evidence of this
    #Aaron Plessinger breugh

36905908_2548428261849362_7331015403356815360_n.jpg

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

If I crest a jump looking like I am scrubbing expect a pile of old guy on the other side...

G2G, TurboBlew, stk0308 and 8 others like this.
  3. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

havnt raced MX in decades but have played around trying it and it takes all the fun out of jumping for me and thats the only reason I jump anymore so fuck it. lol

it also seems it has to be designed into the jump to even attempt it to me? what am I missing?

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

There's usually a tree connected to my body by the time the bike is that flat.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Definitely don't do that.

I'm a pretty average motocrosser and you won't see me laying it flat like Bubba, but for some reason baby scrubs come naturally. It's different than a whip. Think of it as the exact opposite of a pre-jump or seat bounce. Instead of using the suspension to get pop off the face, you're neutralizing it. Don't think about leaning the bike over at first. Just focus on the soaking the jump face with your legs and stay loose with your arms. You'll naturally begin to pull the bars down and lean the bike on the face because that's the only way to get lower and soak up more energy.

The thing that scares people is that the bike won't come back. Unless you're whipping it like bam bam, it will come back on it's own, or with a little blast of the throttle. When you get more aggressive and you need to start pulling it back, don't try to use your legs. Focus on squeezing the bike tightly with your legs, and twisting your hips to create torque. Steering stops are your best friend at that point.