1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pickup brakes

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jul 10, 2018.

1. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

I like adaptive ones from napa and the premium(standard rotors) much better than the top of the line autzone and they come with the clips.
    Power stops aren't bad either summit racing had the best price on them not much more than napa stuff

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I second the Hawk pads. I put them on my Tundra for towing and those made stopping way easier and quicker. I will be putting them on the Titan when it needs them.

3. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I’ve ordered parts from them a few times. About 6 weeks ago, I ordered a few parts for my truck. Fedex showed the parts arriving in Nashville then poof, gone. Filled out the Rock Auto “package not arrived” form. Said another box would show up in 2-3 days...nothing, nada. Interesting thing is, they have NO customer service. No phone number, no people, nothing. Filed for a refund and I’ve been to lazy to go check the CC statement to see if it’s been refunded. I’ll never do business with them again, ever. Have a better chance of Duranni wheels showing up.

4. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Weird.

I use them for almost everything I need and have never had an issue. Ever.

Here is a link to their customer service page: https://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=6

gapman789 and socalrider like this.
  5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I liked having EBC Green Stuff pads on the front of my Highlander when towing, when it switched from regen to mechanical brakes the change in 'whoa!' was nice.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m contractually obligated (not really) through work to recommend Wagner and/or Ferodo pads. :D

7. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Yeah I actually ran them on my wrx and they made a real difference in stopping power.
    They are just a "better than oem pad", not really a performance pad. I'm guessing most OEM pads are not Ceramic and that's why.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did - way too many choices which is why I came here looking for specific brands :D All the posts about the auto store specials aren't helping a bit either :crackup:

10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I just bought brakes and rotors from advance auto_Ordered online picked up in store used code MKT25 for 25% off

dobr24 likes this.
  11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thermo-Quiets seem to work well. I like the coated rotors that are available from a few manufacturers.

12. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't really need high performance but thanks for all the input everyone! I'll get some ordered this week and dirty next weekend :(

14. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

I run the Hawk LTS pads on any SUV/truck that comes through my possession - they are awesome. I like them enough that I change pads when I get a vehicle whether it's needed or not.

Being able to stop fast is super nice.

15. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Pay special attention to the pad brackets and slide pins. Pads should float relatively freely in the brackets (we sandblast and paint under the stainless clips given) so as to keep rust at bay as long as possible. At times we have to literally pound pads out of these brackets they are so rusted in, imagine trying to stop with that shit going on. Just another reason I mentioned new calipers, most are powder coated = value that most people don't realize.

R/T Performance likes this.
  16. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

On my 1500 it was Hawk LTS pads and Centric premium rotors

On my car it's Hawk HPS pads and Centric premium rotors

Haven't had to buy anything for the 2500, yet.

Can't go wrong with Hawk pads and a good rotor.

17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Been using Powerstop brakes/rotors from Rockauto on my Excursion, the hondurs, chevy 1500, dodge charger.

Can't beat the price and no issues with shipping/service for me anyway.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Got 'em on the race car!

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Can you still get me Ferodo red pads for a 2nd gen GSXR? Those were the chit!

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I can ask around. My current VP used to be the Plant Manager at one of the Ferodo plants. :D