1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC 226 - Cormier vs. Miocic

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Jul 8, 2018.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

And you believe that? Lol

2. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Since Jeff Novitsky said it, then yes.

3. condon66

I know what he said. But if it was that easy to make a mistake, wouldn't we see it a lot more often?

4. bleacht

Don't we?

5. condon66

If we do, I'm not aware that it's rampant. Is it rampant?

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I do believe that supplements can be tainted by poor cleaning practices at some facilities. Its a proven fact. Look at just the shit that has been tested at places like GNC. My regional rep owned 4 GNC stores and he has confirmed to me that it happens. Now I can't say if thats what happened to Jones nor do I care. I do believe he would have beat DC either way and I'm definitely a DC fan and don't care much for Jones.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I really like him. Gained a ton of respect when he owned missing weight before the Thompson fight and said he didn’t earn a title shot.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Once maybe, but not twice. The only way the tainted supplement theory is plausible is if the “supplement” that was tainted was another shorter acting steroid. Much more likely story.ii

My theory is that he’s micro dosing. Keep in mind he has two brothers in the NFL. That means access to sophisticated minds in the doping world, and also the diluted morality that goes along with being around others engaging in the same behavior.

9. condon66

Micro dosing is what I had figured also.

JBraun likes this.
  10. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

They have been talking about micro dosing on JRE as well. That makes sense as well. I guess the only way to level the playing field is let everyone do everything and get super jacked. :D

track wagon likes this.
  11. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Stipe was punched in the eye multiple times with open fingers(aggressive poking in the eye) google stipe miocic daniel c0rmier full fight mma core has it broken into 4 parts... he gets warned multiple times near the end...surprised he didn't get DQ'd

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Be honest - do you believe that's why he lost?

13. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

not really... pretty sure it was a clean hit that made him hit the floor..if he couldn't see he should have said something.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's interesting. The last theory I heard Rogan espouse was that Jones was doing blow that was cut with Chinese creatine, and the creatine was contaminated with Turinabol. That one had me laughing. I'm not sure you could reach much more than that.

I agree that Jones didn't need PEDs to beat DC, but rules are rules. If nothing else, plenty of athletes use PEDs for the psychological advantage alone.

15. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Fu#k Jon Jones!! Shouldn't even be allowed back in MMA period IMO.

16. bleacht

Maybe, it could go either way. Look at Josh Barnett, it took a year to clear his name. And that's just this week's example of USADA fucking up.

JBraun likes this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Barnett got fucked bad from what little I know. I think Jon’s situation was a bit different though.

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I kinda agree but then I'm selfish so I want to watch him fight again. I also still feel that way about Anderson Silva. In his case I really wonder if he would have been a very different fighter if Novitsky was snooping around back in the day. Interesting how he only won one fight post-usada, and it was a decision over Derek Brunson. Could just be age also though...

I can forgive an error in judgement. There's a crazy amount of stress at that level. A lot of the time guys get injured in training and feel like they're behind and need a little help. It's easy to rationalize a little gear under those circumstances, but for fucks sake just own it.

My favorite case was Brian Ortega. He was popped for a very small amount of an anabolic and immdiately took it like a man. He said he did it, that it was a horrible error in judgement, apologized to his coaches, and vowed to stay clean. Notice how nobody talks about it any more?

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Lesner was suspended from competition until July, 2017. That’s not entirely “coming and going as he pleases,” but i take your point.

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

What's he done since then? I've seen him pop up in both organizations in the last year, but done very little otherwise, except talk shit to the champs. He doesn't compete on the ladder like everyone else.