1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, boats...what are your practical trailerable dreams?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hey. I said vintage wooden or sail boats dozens of posts ago.

Jed likes this.
  2. chasek

chasek Member

Speaking of boats anyone here ever lived full time on a house boat? wife and I are considering selling the house and living on Lanier we’re out on the lake most weekends already and with real estate prices on the lake right now it’s seeming like a better and better option

Phl218 likes this.
  3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

@Alex_V I think looked into this on Lanier as well...

4. motomadman217

motomadman217 Well-Known Member

Current ride is a 2017 Scarab. Unfortunately live on a very shallow but yet somehow very large surface area lake. Its either small jet boat or pontoon. Next spring will be upgrading to something a little bigger, really wanted to get a Hayday w 33354537_10160381927910456_243952239742287872_n.jpg ake boat but no way that is going to fly in my lake.

33302271_10160381927745456_7293526686824398848_n.jpg

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

The problem with jet boats is that they don’t steer unless you’re on the throttle.

I’m not a boat guy, but i live close to Lake Erie and i like to fish...

Would split a 26’ bowrider with my brother-in-law though. So long as it has a canopy and seats 10 in a pinch. I burn easily, and we had 10 people on our friend’s 26’ cudy and were way stern-heavy. Like dangerously stern-heavy. Like, i had to get real drunk to avoid commenting about it and pissing off our friends who were taking us out...

6. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Not 100% true about the steering on the new jet boats as they have a keel...at least mine does.

7. motomadman217

motomadman217 Well-Known Member

That would be correct, mine will go anywhere you want while idling, they have made them much more user friendly than earlier models.

zamboiv and omatter34 like this.
  8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I would buy on of these.Affordable,fun r -n hell to play with,and the most practical of boats,and you get an Isaac to make you dranks!

9. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

100%. I was pissed last year when I got to my parents lake house and bet my dad $20 his neighbor wouldn’t get on his lift on the first crack. Poor old guy would bounce off the poles all the time coming in. Dad took the bet, won and then said that’s a new boat poor bastard got so frustrated he traded his old one in.

Apparently the guy is deathly afraid of the prop With his grandkids so is adamant he needs a jet boat.

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

PPRE built 4-rotor turbo sprint boat... 1300hp. Small enough draft for even the shallowest of lakes :D

[​IMG]

renegade17 and TLR67 like this.
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

There's a couple pontoon boats on the delta I see that have two 400Hp motors. They haul ass...

Cam Morehead likes this.
  12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I am moving my new sailboat from Annapolis to Charleston, and then to Lanier. Actually flying out there today to start the trip.

Technically you can't live full time on Lanier, but I am sure there are ways around that. I like my setup - roughly $300 a month for a slip fee. And you have a weekend vacation home. Probably wont do full time living on Lanier.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Make sure you get that boat out of the crate before launching it. :D

Sweatypants likes this.
  14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Uncle Roman-approved.....

[​IMG]

TLR67 likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Gimmie gimmie gimmie...:D

Attached Files:

BHP41 likes this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you seen the videos of this thing? geezus fucking christ! in youtube thread.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

But he had a picture!

I'd settle for a Dark Harbor 17 myself.

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

[​IMG]

BHP41 likes this.
  19. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

The guys all stare with confusion when SHE gets on it.... LMAO

cav115 likes this.
  20. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

One of these days, possibly springtime...

Attached Files: