1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any cigar lovers here?

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Jul 8, 2018.

1. codyjphoto

codyjphoto Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the Drew line up. Anything Undercrown is good whether it be the shade, SG....

Now they're new FSG line I think is over priced and to me a SG taste like a SG.

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My Dad's a big cigar guy and I smoke one a year with him, just because. My favorite that I've tried is Acid, but I think that's just because there's a 900RR on the box. :D

codyjphoto likes this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Another Drew Estate fan.. Have been switching back and forth between the 1400cc, KuBa Kuba, and the Isla’s. Probably one or two per week.

4. codyjphoto

codyjphoto Well-Known Member

I got into cigars due to the Acid line up, all of my family friends were enjoying them and when I was of age I began to partake.
    Very nostalgic aroma coming from those! I'm suprised I don't see more stogies at the track day events in the evening time.

5. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I’ve been enjoying Oliva Serie V Melanio recently. Excellent smoke. Also recently smoked some Aging Room Quattro F55 that were very good.

BrianC636 likes this.
  6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I like the Olivia G series, Liga No 9 and I think T-52. I only smoke about 1 a week and generally stick to the $6-$10 range but a friend got married and my shop suggested Padron 1926...hands down best smoke I’ve had and the only pricey one I’ve felt was worth the extra money.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Down from 2/week to ~5 a year. Pretty picky with what I smoke. Mostly puros from Espana. Box pressed Padron Anniversarios in Maduro are also excellent. I have found most of the new “hot” brands (eg Tatuaje, Acid) to suck. Ymmv.

Gino230 likes this.
  8. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Padron maduros are great! An aged 1000s series is very close to all of their anniversaries cigars. Other favorites are

LGC serie R Maduro and Serie N
    Partagas Black label
    AJ Fernandez New World
    RP Sungrown Maduro

9. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Yeah, havent been able to smoke though.

Started on Acids (they aren't really like too much by aficionados but I find that is how most start).

Some of my favor budget cigars:

Rocky Patel Edge Habano - Get the torpedos
    Brick House Corona Larga
    Jose L Piedra - Brevas or Cazadores

Not so budget:

Ramon Alones Special Select
    Bolivar Corona Major
    H Upmann Corona Major AT
    Roma Craft Neanderthal

10. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

All i can say is, stay off the acution sites....

I got theae the other day and i have some 1926 maduros on the way today...
    [​IMG]

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Eff you guys....I'm finally putting one of those 'best man' gift humidors to work.
    $60 from Mikes cigars for a couole sample packs.

Quit posting this guy shit.
    Where's Cannoli asking about oven mits, and dishwashers and shit when you need him

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think for black friday sales I'll finally get a humidor. Really need to get them out of the tupperware :D

13. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Try the 2006 reserva Miami tat. 5.5x52. My fave tat that I've tried.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

16. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

G 97 likes this.
  17. dsapsis

You and I already agree that the Serie D No. 4 knows no equal, so?

Weird, but never been a big fan of Cohiba puros, even though I went through two boxes of robustos over the years.
    Turns out my bother in law had some connection to the LAX customs dudes, who gave him some of their confiscados. I'm now the owner of about 50 Cohiba Churchills. I cant even smoke a Churchill any more! I'll bring one to GNF for you Mongo. Right size for the big guy. IMG_1284.JPG

tiggen and ChemGuy like this.
  18. tiggen

Truth! Just got a new box last month.

19. dsapsis

Amen brother.
    You know, the HdeM Epicure No. 2 does give it a run for the money, though. Lighter smoke for the days you don't want the bulrushes. :D

20. tiggen

I have put it on the list, though I think my next box will be RyJ piamide añejado. I really need a bigger humidor.