1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche tuners

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jul 9, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, that's a lot of red.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I want to post that bit from the Family Guys Star Wars where they included everyone with "red" in their name in the final battle check-in :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you're willing to die for your art, go right ahead. :D

MachineR1, cha0s#242 and NemesisR6 like this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I am actually looking at low option cars. Non Ceramic brakes cars. The rest is up in the air. I can live without the sports chrono package, fire extinguisher, carbon interior trim and the like. Would prefer a car with the 18 way adjustables so I can add the heated seats if it doesn't have it. Can't have butt warmers with the sport seats or the carbon buckets. It won't be deal killer however if the car has carbon buckets. Color choices are GT Silver, Dark Blue Metallic or White in that order. Platinum Satin wheels on any of them. I am watching the market hard right now. If Porsche goes the wrong direction with the 2020 car these will turn into gold and I'll be priced out if I don't buy soon. If they go the way everyone wants them to go these will take a hit in value and I may be able to get into one cheaper than the current prices.

72 of the current 135 I am tracking are still asking over sticker. Some grossly over to the tune of 23%. 13 are still asking sticker and 48 are below by varying percentages of their original sticker the best being about 15% lower.

Of that 20 fall into my current price point. Of that 20 there is one in my preferred color. It however is the lowest percentage away from its original sticker so not that good a deal currently. If I could stand to drive a red one I would already be on a plane to California. Good low option car at about 10% less than it's sticker price.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well dude, if you come out here, I can pick you up at the airport. You have researched much more than I have, and financially I just couldn't do it today. I've been told the new ones will lower the cost of these, which is what I was hoping for, but you are correct, Porsche could easily mess it up and send these prices up.

When I was looking before there was a local silver one and the few I saw were all in the 103-115 range. I currently prefer Blue, but wouldn't have a problem with red, yellow or white. I like silver alright, but my wife hates silver, so that color is out for me. Like you, I don't really want the options and don't want the brakes.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Porsche has yet to mess up a GT2 or GT3. If these were financial instruments, I would short the current GT4. They're gonna get the next one right too.

Phl218 and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Venom51

I'm hoping they keep their track record in tact. I really want one at a price that I can keep around and drive the dingle berries off of without feeling bad about it.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

What the great white hope said, go with a German tuner. If you don't want to deal with them funny talking people then call Cobb Tuning and see what they may have for it. I'm waiting for APR to unlock the B9 RS5 ECU at the moment to see what new fun I can have with a V6 twin turbo.

-steve

BigBird likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

I can call people for ya. Either in Leonberg (techart) or anywhere else.

Plus my brother used to work at Porsche, he knows peeeps

PM me if seRious

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. Venom51

Serious I am. I just may not be serious enough for the current market.

11. That is good to know. If/when I decide to get another Porsche, I will give her a call.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. So suddenly you are picky about when you swallow?

NTTIAWWT

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    TurboBlew likes this.
  13. How is it luxury wise?

I love power, but not at the risk of luxury. I want perfectly aligned panels, no clicking/rattles/squeaks, good leather, doors that feel solid when they close, lots of cool gadgets, etc. Basically, I want it to feel as if I am sitting in a luxurious spaceship. To me, that is more important than brute power.

I wouldn't be happy with a vehicle that feels cheap, no matter how much power it made.

14. Venom51

I've always been picky about what but never when?

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I know this has been addressed before on various threads, but will that thing legally tow 2,500 lb or so?

16. I don't have the manual in front of me, but IIRC the towing capacity is 5,200lbs (or it might be 5,300, it is something like that).

It came with the factory installed towing package, and ive used it to tow my 6x9 open trailer with 2 bikes many times (including to Pensacola and back, which is a 12hr trip one-way).

The Cayenne is a bigger vehicle and has a higher rating, I think it is around 7,000lbs. But I had no use for that.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, you're not buying Chrysler. You didn't last time around, you sure as shit ain't doing it after driving a Porsche for a couple of years. :D

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Porsche. (Proof Of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything.) I hope to identify as a rich, spoiled child some day. :)

19. Venom51

I always cut the number in half...it can tow 7000 but would be far happier dragging around 3500 for a far longer period of time.

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

What year? The 2015-2018's I've looked at show 1650 lb tow capacity. The new ones show 4400. There must have been some changes?