1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Last week.
    831B33E6-6C7F-45E5-8970-6290FD428EB2.jpeg D1715A11-4B60-496E-89A3-6AC5E2E2AD7B.jpeg C44D978A-E4E9-4BE2-9E7B-7B83E1553A02.jpeg

TurboBlew and Wheel Bearing like this.
  2. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

[​IMG]

I took the holeshot this weekend in 40+B at the VCHSS round in Rural Retreat VA. I was pretty well chuffed because I'm the only bike without electric start.

RNYC, rcmike917, MELK-MAN and 4 others like this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My favorite part, helping my buddy cool down. When they are in the lead and I know we're coming to a water crossing, I gas it for all it's worth in an effort to wheelie past. Timed just right, they get completely douched as I take a dose of the best medicine...laughter. :D

XFBO and renegade17 like this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

HTHell do we let this thread drop down to the 4th page?!?!?! :p

So I drove down to 'bama yesterday afternoon with my son to pick up his new (to him) ride, a '08 CRF150R. Bike looks clean for that sorta bike but as usual with buying used slightly curious about it's engine health so with that said, just curious how much of a p.i.t.a. it is to check for valve clearances and/or anything else you guys in the know would recommend???

Thnx in advance!

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

check the valves for sure, and look at the cam sprocket for wear etc.

XFBO likes this.
  6. Used2Bfast 2

Rode today
    43D0FAB3-C9D2-4B6D-A90F-9E4F36E68FE2.jpeg

roy826ex likes this.
  7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

used2, what leatt armor is that? I have a 661 pressure suit but, want to upgrade. prefer something that has chest back, shoulder elbow protection. prefer under the jersey models too. don't ask for much, do I? :D Ski

8. Used2Bfast 2

It’s the 5.5 Pro. I got it mainly for the side rib protection, with its overlapping scale style plates. I stalled in a rock garden climb a couple yrs ago and put a huge boulder into the ribs, breaking a few. Had to ride that bitch out. Was wearing a lame roost guard.

9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What stand and/or stand jack combo are you guys using? Was looking on Amazon and the reviews for just about every model are all over the place.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

First offroad ride of the season for me yesterday at Clough in NH. Actually it was the first time on 2 wheels this season :(

20180707_101405_resized.jpg

11. Used2Bfast 2

12. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

i didnt know people still hang their bikes on the back of the truck any more . droped a perfectly good cz off the back bumper . luckely going about 30 . new bars and clutch lever.

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I left with 2 bikes on the hitch carrier and got home with 2. :cool:

That's the Versahaul dual rail 600 lbs. carrier btw and it works great.

14. fastfreddie

Hey, U2B2. What's your re-fueling like with the 2-stroke and your jaunts into Neverland? Just curious. I imagine you have some sort of plan. Can you tell us how far you go/get before you get worried, distance or time?

15. Used2Bfast 2

If your referring to overall fuel mileage...my 05 YZ has a 3.2 gal ims..but I’ve yet to have to fill it, now in my 3rd yr on it. I’m not racing currently, so that might change for the occasional longer hare scramble.

Since I mostly ride relatively slow hard enduro-ish stuff, I’m rarely even on the pipe, sans the faster transfer sections or the occasional bigger steeper hill climb or quick blast(even then it’s more to keep the bike blown out and running crisp). So I get relatively great mileage even at the slow speeds/lower gears action.

My longest technical rock ride here in NC was 25 miles (about 4-5 hrs out). The 2.1gal oem tank was prolly 1.8 full at the start. Never even had to go to reserve, surprisingly.

At a moto park like yesterday, where your usually only only a few miles from the truck at any given time, I go out with just half a tank or so, sometimes. I’m at 29 hours on it (the stock tanked 18) now, and I’ve yet to even have to go to reserve.

16. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

This place is the read deal miles upon miles of endless technical single track, rode with Brent, the Mayor and rest of the crew a few times last summer, just watch out for the yellow jackets...:)

In the summer break now so we hope to make another trip up there soon.

Mike

17. fastfreddie

Wow. That's, uh...that's pretty damn good! Who woulda thunk?

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

FD952007-4F69-4E9B-8F91-287A940D5FED.jpeg 58A1BE53-C880-47F3-AB40-143D679BA5D8.jpeg All these peeps taking photos while out on the ride ... if I’d ever stop, I’d maybe take a photo, too.

Here’s a map of Big O, as it’s called here in Michigan. 65 miles in two hours, 34 minutes, and that was after a 24 mile ride earlier in the day at another trail nearby. I’m still kind’a sore.

My goal is to shave nine minutes off that time before the year is out. But it gets tougher as the year goes on what with all the woops forming. It’s a great trail. If you’ve got a license plate on your bike for the occasional treks betwee trail sections, check it out!

19. Used2Bfast 2

Yesterday up a small rocky creek

20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Whoops forming? That place was trashed in May!