1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud pipes and the knuckle dragging morons that use them

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Jun 24, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I just got home from 7 days in Robbinsville and my quick observations:

We rode for six hours each day in every direction. Harley riders will not wave you by...ever. Not once did they let us by regardless if it was one or a group. The worst was a group of 4 going 30 in a 45, with the lead rider barely able to keep his bike upright.

On the other hand, the locals were fantastic. They damn near wrecked to get out of your way.

It rained every friggin day but conveniently was dry from 9-4. And as most of you know, the Skyway puts the Dragon to shame. 28 was amazing. At the end of the Skyway stop at KATS Deli. Fantastic sandwiches along the river.

All in all, a pretty good trip. When my brother and I planned this month's ago our original idea was to trailer the bikes to Colorado and ride but we decided we didn't want 4 days travel time. NC was fun and the people were very friendly, but in the long run I wish we would have headed out west.

gt#179, TurboBlew and cha0s#242 like this.
  2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Please decode your reply...

3. Absolutely.

Ive always said that contrary to popular belief, the mountains don't begin and end at The Dragon. Roads similar to that are everywhere, all of which are much less squidful.

Hwy's 321 and 421 are great ones. Ive spent countless hours going up and down them. They are popular (421 even has its own website; it is known as "The Snake"), but nowhere near as popular as Deals Gap. You don't get alot of people traveling across country just to come ride them.

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

209 is where its at for me. A nice mix of everything.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

28 aka "Moonshiner" is now my favorite. I love the Skyway too, of course, but I like roads that have nice braking zones also. They all have their charm :)

6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Rt. 28 was nice this year since they finally repaved the bumpy section. I prefer Rt. 60, Rt 348, and Blood Mountain myself though. Tight and technical vs. smooth and flowing vs. high banked and fast.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The freshly repaved section of 28 was absolutely fabulous. Best road I've ever ridden in my whole life bar none.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, we rode that all the way to Franklin. Just a fabulous road. And we hit the ones Chris mentioned too. Only thing we didn't do that was on our list was a ride to Helen.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have some favorites, but damn if I'm gonna publicize them.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Squidful...:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Richard Russell Raceway?

12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Richard Russell is great on the white county side.It's got pretty fresh pavement. They also just paved 60 from rock pile up.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Like "double secret" road in NC? Yeah, I don't even know which one that is... :crackup:

14. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Secret rd in Robbinsville. 2 miles from my house. Ripping it up on the dual sport (lol)
    73C7ED0B-D302-4ECF-8AAA-6C529C64DDA2.jpeg

15. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

We have a loop we do, leave Chattanooga and head up through Ocoee to Hwy 30, then up 315 to Tellico, across the Skyway, up tonthe crossroads of time, down 28 to 19, right on 28 south to WarWoman, then to Helen, then Richard Russel to Blood Mountain, up Hwy60 through Suches, across to Big creek rd to 52, then across Ft Mountain and back to Chattanooga. Ends up about 450 miles but it is one hell of a day of riding!!

Britt and Gorilla George like this.