1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever break their face?

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Jun 22, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shut up.

Funkm05 likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That Tyga sticker made me pee a little :crackup:
    Oh, and get well soon to the OP.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's Kenny. I mean....wtf?

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When you have a pile of stickers and run out of places to stick then well...you can't throw away a perfectly good sticker.

Phl218 and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Where were you when I needed you? I don't drink so there was no beer for someone to hold. :D

7. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

I feel for you man. Yes, I've been through the same thing after a snowmobile accident in 2010. I ended up with three titanium plates in my face - orbital, jaw and cheekbone (no nose damage). It sucks. You're probably experiencing nerve damage. Even 8 years later, my upper cheek still feels 'tingly' and 'pins-and-needles' like. I'm not sure how they fixed yours, but my facial surgeon performed a 'face-lift' - surgical incision across my upper gum, pull the face back and inserted plates and stitched back up. After the surgery he told me that my cheek-bone had been shattered like a vase and the maxillary nerve had been damaged - its a noodle-like thing and got pinched. Took me a long time to get over it and I wish you all the best for a full recovery.

On a light note... its a hell of a weight loss plan...

8. expatbrit

expatbrit Member

30lbs in 3 weeks here. 210 down to 180. Still at 182 or so 6 months later.

Thistle likes this.
  9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

My brother surfs Sunset Cliffs erryday.
    One of the regulars smacked a guy on the head with his paddle. Dudes in ICU.
    Cops arrested the smacker today.

10. trancework

trancework It's always now...

TL;DR If you have ANY ear-nose-throat or facial infection symptoms GET AN MRI ASAP--it could save your life!

@JBraun been gone for a while and just saw this thread. Please pay very close attention to either ear infections or facial abscesses. I CANNOT stress this enough. In the early 1990s I was the target of racial violence in VA Beach--had my orbit broken and my nose demolished. About 3 years later I had abscesses where my cheek swelled up like a hot mango, ANTIBIOTICS, then a few weeks later massive ear infections (inc. ruptured ear drums), ANTIBIOTICS. This cycled a few times until I got an MRI.

Turns out I'd developed "osteomyelitis of the face" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2884909/ -- my dad had a co-worker's son who went from an MIT student to persistant-vegitative state, it was encephalitis and he was put on a VERY STRONG i-v antibiotic drip. The severity of his story might have been what got me on hardcore antibiotics and the MRI. I was put on 4-6k MG of Kefflex per day for 6 months. Totally f'd with my internal temp-reg system. For 2 years afterward, I'd sweat bullets for no apparent reason. They determined that we'd caught it just in time. If it had gone any farther I would have had a cranial bone debridement--they would literally peel my face off and take a cunk of my skull out.

Phl218 likes this.