1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever break their face?

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Jun 22, 2018.

1. I’ve broke mine pretty good. Nose, cheek, upper jaw / orbital. Jaw from right side of my face all the way to the left side of my left orbital. Ya that sucked @ss.

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Stole, but, never broken.

3. expatbrit

expatbrit Member

Hah. Yes. Last November I was out on the bicycle (with a helmet) and was smashed by a left turner. Over 20 bones in my face broken (including a depressed skull fracture through the helmet), plus deep lacerations, the hyoid, thyroid cartilage, a displaced acetabular fracture and dislocated hip. All the orbitals, the nose, jaw, palette, cheek bones, etc etc etc.

Most of the numb patches on my face have recovered after 6 months. There’s still a patch and part of my lip that is; I try not to drool too much. It had pins and needles, so that’s a good sign. It’s probably from the slash that ran from my nose down over my jaw, though, so sounds different to yours.

Nerves take forever to come back if they do. We are waiting to see if one of my vocal cords will work again and that’s a wait a year and then we decide deal. Sucks barely being able to talk.

4. expatbrit

expatbrit Member

Right there with you on that. Though they didn’t tear mine, it is just paralyzed.

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  5. Jeezus. Get well, bro. :(

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D All kidding aside heal up quick man and good as new!

7. expatbrit

expatbrit Member

Thanks

Good news for @JBraun is — face stuff healed mostly well and fast(ish). Had a few months of double vision from the orbitals, and the displaced comminuted jaw fractures ache slightly, but it all gets better :)

JBraun likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, @expatbrit that's a lot of damage. Best wishes on your healing.

9. expatbrit

expatbrit Member

Can’t hang off a bike yet. That sucks. But thanks — the healing is solid.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I didn't break my face but a run away mower and a cul-de-sac curb later I am getting X-RAY s for a broken collar bone. Leave it to me to be retired from taking a still find a way to break a collar bone.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How the hell do you have a mower run away?

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Must be an incompetent operator. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Venom51

Crap ass brakes and it pops out of gear at the top of hill...slammed it back into gear but the differential broke as soon as I did.

Luckily I had just put air in the tires so it picked up plenty of speed. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That part's a given, I've seen him race :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean brakes?

Sucks about the collar bone but still....

16. Venom51

Ohh...clearly the dumbest crash I have ever had...

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

See how he blames the equipment? Classic.

XFBO likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry, but the idea of Venom racing down a hill on a run away mower has me laughing hard. If he had crashed and ended up in a ditch full of stank water, I think I'd probably piss myself. :crackup:

Sorry about the busted up collar bone but gawd damn, a run away lawn mower!?!? Pure awesomeness.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Honda lawn mower???

baconologist likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's a poor workman who blames his tools.

And Gawd, I wish there was video.