1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any of you folks core drill concrete?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

4 dia x 8 deep for this upcoming project.

About 160 holes. Not paying $30 a hole...

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

My favorite is when someone puts “F I T Test” on their report. “So you’re doing the formation integrity test test huh...”

3. I made that same comment a couple of weeks ago. I told a dude, "so according to this, we got a good formation integrity test test...". :crackup:

He stared at me for like 10 seconds, then I walked out. I don't know if he ever actually got it or not. :D

4. joec

joec brace yourself

5. joec

joec brace yourself

If I remember correctly, core bit I used alone was something like 350 bucks. I only drilled 2 holes but that thing left some insane bruises on my legs. Even with the clutch. You'll want the base for that many holes. And the vac system for dishesdu is amazing.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, euro you say 148 dollars and write 148 $€£¥•~

We had trouble with customs for intl shipments because the supplier wrote the $ sign like a 5 or S before the # and package got held up for clarification since the total didn’t make sense to them

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what kind of core rig do you have now? That would be ~40 bores per bit. Bits run about $325-375ish for our wekas.
    Rough hours for the work is around 40+.
    Was thinking if you started from 0... bits and a core drill would run you around $3300

So $30/hole is a pretty reasonable number. Around here is over $50 plus mobilization, etc.

8. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Yes, but for that amount, I can buy a second rig and have it after the job is done. Tell me about WEKA.
    Currently I use a Milwaukee on a stand. I have bits up to 10 inches. I am only familar with Milwaukee and Hilti. I have seen Weka, but was unfamiliar with the quality.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

German made. Most of the rig failures were operator induced.
    One guy actually got slung and tore his rotator cuff "free handing" a cut...lol.
    We use the bolt on base, diamond products bits, and a water pump spray bottle to keep the bit cool and the dust down.
    The crew is usually cutting 3-10 4" holes a day. The only concrete that gives them fits is the 1950s stuff.
    Heres the list of bits.
    https://www.ohiopowertool.com/m-815-diamond-product-core-bore-wet-core-bits-12-12-diameter.aspx#