1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Catalunya | Spain | 2018 | Jun 15-17

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 11, 2018.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The first few laps leading up to the track record he had the bike moving around going into turn 1 (I think) like MM does. I saw that he had the bike out of shape and still pulled gaps on the others. He might look smooth, but I am sure that bike is a beast to ride at his pace. Hell, every bike is a beast at 100% effort/capacity.

Robby-Bobby and crashman like this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

how many times has a team gotten rid of a champion the next year in the past... say 20 years? that would be hilarrrrr.

3. Sweatypants

Also does anyone have a pic of Oliveira's bike? Did i see that right... somebody asspack'd him on the cool down lap? I was only half paying attention with the tv in the background.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Pretty unbelievable you could have started the race in last place, and rode around off the race line in 2nd gear and still scored points today.

Glad to see Jorge find his form again and do what he does. Makes for some boring "racing" but when he's on, he's on. Like a metronome.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Corsi was the proctologist.

They put 100% of the blame on him.

I'm not so convinced, lots of guys went flying pass Olivera quite dangerously prior to the doctor's inspection. I would have hit the gas...

sdiver likes this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Cripes!

Never mind that, didn't you see that Lowes finishes a race!...

cpettit likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if MM and Jorge could switch bikes for a day. I wonder who would turn the faster laps on which bike?

8. Sweatypants

It looked like the race was over and he was waving to the crowd. Wtf were they doing that for? At least he seems unhurt.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He may walk funny for a bit...

10. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

how important were track records this round? i thought i heard them say due to the re surface and configuration change pretty much all laps would be new records.

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Doing what?

12. Sweatypants

blowing by him at a million mph?

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So no one is commenting on the most surprising news of the weekend: Cal didn't claim to have the pace to win the race.

track wagon likes this.
  14. dieterly

It was Corsi, what do you expect?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

In the post-race press conference, they asked The CEO would Vale win on this version of the Ducati, and he said yes. He said Vale's one was very complicated. The CEO was actually pretty respectful of Vale and Marc, and seemed to be saying all the right things.

16. Sweatypants

lol i honestly don't know how to answer that question... expected nothing? haha my bad :(

so many other dudes blowing by too, i don't get it. back markers a lap behind and still racing? race is over fellas... :confused:

17. dieterly

I think maybe that's why teams and riders respect him----just look at all teams coming out on the pit lane and applaud his win at Mugello. Maybe they know what kind of person he his more than the average fan...

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought Jorge was a decent dude at heart. He comes across bad to some people because he’s moody and seemingly an introvert in an extrovert’s job, combined with the (well earned) massive ego.

Loved this race. Jorge once again making everyone, even Marc look downright ordinary. Valentino being a crafty and consistent fucker and capitalizing on opportunity. Marc actually using his brain for once and riding for points. Marquez with his brain engaged is a scary thing. I’m sure he’ll return to red mist mode at some point though. :D Marquez is kind of like a cat, you can get him to play if you show him a ball of string. If Lorenzo plays with Marquez enough before dropping the hammer he might engage the Marquez Red Mist Mode and get him to crash. Or Marc might just berm his ass into the gravel. Risky strategy. :D

I’ve felt since the beginning of the season that this wasn’t going to be either Marquez’s or Dovi’s year. If Rossi keeps it on the podium and doesn’t DNF he could take it. Hayden 06 style. It’s going to come down this year to who has the fewest DNF. Bet Marc throws it down the road at least twice more this season.

MachineR1 and Thistle like this.
  19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I wondered the same thing yesterday.......and with the silly-season happening earlier and earlier, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

It would take a small miracle for JLo to crawl back into contention, but man would that be a sight to see him skip over to the Repsol garage the day after Valencia with the #1 plate in his hands.......

Sweatypants and scottn like this.
  20. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Abraham for an excellent 13th place! :-P

BigBird likes this.