1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Catalunya | Spain | 2018 | Jun 15-17

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 11, 2018.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Agreed, but he's never really challenged at Assen, or Sachsenring, even on the Yamaha.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Confidence is vitally important. However, JL’s lack of confidence in mixed conditions has been his Achilles heel for the past few years. If he manages to get that particular monkey off his back then he will be a serious title contender every year again, assuming he gets along well with the Honda.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know if it changes the potential outcome of what you envision but a major difference between them is that Marquez actually has the (unique, at this point) skills to save that. I've only seen the Simoncelli crash twice (once during the race, once by accident in Faster, or one of those) but I seem to recall he had no business hanging onto that thing.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/898577/1/crutchlow-marcs-saves-make-us-look-idiots

There are some close-up videos of it when he was showing it to everyone who would listen. :D He destroyed it around the knee.

His management team made terrible decisions. At his age, stability was something they should have had in mind. That's his fourth team and bike in four years. Hopefully things will be better from here.

The fools had him at 10 to 1 after his pole position. First I'm a bet on him since 2016. I cleaned up. Then Lorenzo was the icing on the cake. Foolishly at 5 to 1 on Thursday. Dropped to 2/1 after qualifying but I was already in. The races were very enjoyable today. :D

418, ToofPic and Robby-Bobby like this.
  4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Two and half weeks ago people (and me) were saying Marquez was going to walk the season away win after win. What's funny to me is the guy who is preventing Marquez from doing that is the guy everyone wrote off.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The thing that makes me smile the most is that somehow lorenzo has made the ducati look as smooth as he did on the yamaha...
    I mean that was a boring fucking race to watch.

But it’s so nice to see someone battle back after 99% of the world had written him off.

Dude is unstoppable when he is comfortable.

Phl218, throwdown and Yzasserina like this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So Lorenzo now has 2 more wins on the Ducati than Rossi. #snicker

7. Robby-Bobby

Ducati listened to Rossi development when they could “fix it” in 30 seconds..... fail.

Ducati takes over a year to listen to Lorenzo and when they do; it takes 30’seconds to install and costs like $100.

LOL BURN

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know they've done a shitload more to the bike in the last few years than just a tank :crackup:

BigBird and Robby-Bobby like this.
  9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Yeah, they added a Luigi.

BigBird likes this.
  10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I don't know if Lorenzo is really very good at communicating exactly what he needs. I think Gigi and the rest had to deductively reason it out, and that's their job. He says he's not comfortable, he's not really sure why. Did you see the tantrum on Saturday in Q2? I am familiar with riders that react this way and it makes improving their racing abilities much harder. Regardless, he's an amazing rider, a lap time machine, once he is comfortable with his bike. I'm not a fan, but I have respect. Credit is due Ducati for what they have done.

FYI, I prefer cheering for a personality like Jackass or Danilo, (or Rossi, but I'm not an Uccio) as a fan of the series. Even Crutchlow, crazy as a loon, is more likeable. For me, at least.

I hope he tipped his butler well for these two wins. He was on towel duty today, fantastic work.

11. Robby-Bobby

Dammit that’s not important

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He makes it very hard to like him but he is a phenomenal racer. Honestly, I didn't think much of him as a person until he brought the girl was special needs whom he let design helmet for him to the podium celebration. In my eyes, that made it for about 10 years of tantrums. So he's going to need to do something like that again soon. :D

13. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

No, he doesn’t..

He’s blinded by hate and still thinks it’s the same 2011 bike.

And I’m surprised Dovi seems to get little credit for the Duc’s success.

Or, maybe it’s Pet-rucci’s development work guiding the Janitor.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. Granted I've also met riders like that who are nice peeps outside of work but can be just as bitchy at work too. For normal fans I can see it being harder to separate it. Hell, I even want to go get drunk with Stoner :D

15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

And how many losses to Ducati teammate and satellite riders more? #endofstory#

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Sorry we are not talking about that, we are comparing the Rossi/Lorenzo records on the Ducati. Please try to keep up here. :D

sdiver likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Bein is showing all 3 races again starting at 4 est. Happy fathers day.

18. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

EDT. :p

19. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Also helps having a helmet you can see out of.

20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

JL99 against the whole world! There were even rumors that he might be out of motogp at the end of the year, at some point. Look at what he did. He made the whole Ducati team look stupid. Now they're cheering for back to back wins but there's some (or a lot of) bitterness.
    Too bad he won't be on a GSX-RR next year.

Boman Forklift and track wagon like this.