1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To address John Cooks misinformation on facetubes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. That's always the "go to" line for discussions like this, "beat them" or "go faster", so on and so forth. You honestly don't see the point I am making?

Of course ill race against anybody, it is what it is. But I still think a WERA Championship should go to people who spend all year (or a large part of it) supporting WERA. Notice that nowhere in any of my posts did I say "me". I didn't even refer to any specific classes. I am just talking in general.

If anyone, up to and including Rossi, wanted to race WERA all year, that would be awesome. I would never say a word, regardless of what/how much he won. Ive never said anything about guys like May winning WERA races and Championships. Sure he has a background of being a Pro Factory rider and WSBK rider...but he also supports and races with WERA all year.

If HRC decided to build a Superbike and go around the world entering Marquez in MotoAmerica, BSB, and WSBK in 1-off season finales just go claim all of the titles...how do you reckon the teams that have spent tens of thousands (or millions in some cases) throughout the entire year supporting their respective series would react to "well, go faster and beat him"?

If you don't grasp the point I am making, then nevermind.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I thought you misplaced your meds, not found them. :D

ToofPic likes this.
  3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Broome on all stances. It's pretty simple, really. And you wouldnt miss out on a lot of money. Simply, don't let them enter the winner take all race. If they can race an entire year at another series, but only make one attempt at a wera race, then they shouldn't be allowed to race the championship race. Make it a three regional race minimum, throughout the year, or a two national race minimum throughout the year. Any track, any region. So long as it's the same class you intend on racing at the gnf. You may miss out in what, and be realistic here, a total of 5-10 enteries into the champion race weekend?

rcarson15 and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree but deserve to me in racing means being fast. If you're not fast enough to beat someone who is gridded in the back row then you don't deserve anything either.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your point makes no sense. There is no National Sportsman series they're beating everyone out of. It's like the Olympics, winner take all one day only whoever is best. It'd be different if you could win any of the points championships by only running one race.

The weekend in weekend out racers win National Championships in the National Challenge Series and Regional Championships in the Sportsman Series - which are just as important as a National Championship no matter how people perceive the wording.

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Oh no, I do get the point and don't necessarily disagree. Just surprised to see you making it.

Gorilla George and Yzasserina like this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

or you can charge those infrequent entrants a higher fee.
    Say if a GNF race entry is $120 for a racer that's done multiple rounds... you can charge
    the single round racer $150.

backbone and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you ignore my post saying we used to do that and it did matter? It was a lot more than 5-10. If it was 5-10 I wouldn't have changed it. I personally much prefer the old method. However that isn't how reality is currently.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So then I get bitched at for selling championships.

backbone, 418 and TurboBlew like this.
  10. Understood

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

This worded this way, cleared allot up for me. Thanks.

12. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Some of you are just funny. I'm hiding in plain sight folks. All you Billy badasses can find me if you are so inclined. You feed each other with biased lies and total bullshit and your solution is to physically hurt me? What is wrong with you people? I'm at just about every race in the southeast - come by and visit. As for you Trevor, I'm giving you this one chance to walk back what you said about the sexual favors thing. I never posted or said anything like that and you know it. But I'm giving you this one chance to take that back and apologize for saying it. One chance Trevor.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have yet to show a lie. You know damn good and well I have witnesses to everything I've ever said you've done.

The threats are cute.

14. hurricanejohn

I know what you are Mongo. That's good enough for me. I make no threats to anyone. I'm giving Trevor a chance to tell the truth on his own or with my help. It's up to him.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What's in a name?

Hurricanes= a lot of hot air.

Ducti89 likes this.
  16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know what you are too John. What's interesting is your view of me is only held by you and those you've lied to about me. Interesting huh? ;)

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup: I love this so much. “I make no threats to anyone.” Followed INSTANTLY by a threat. Yup, you clearly don’t make any shit up :crackup:

Dude, just go away.

RightSideUp and Shenanigans like this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hey John, I’ll see ya soon as I get back to the track.

Also, “I’m easy to find” but let me block you like a bitch. Pretty funny considering the folks you have blinded. The good news is that daily more and more people are learning the real “you” and that’s good enough for me.

20. hurricanejohn

You of all people know how others feel about you and very little of that negativity cones from/through me. I could say the same thing - your "friends" will support you as much as mine will me. Not because of lies Sean, but because of truth. Difference between me and you is I don't need you, I don't need to be a racer to be relevant in life. You have to be in charge, have to be the man, have to take offense and attack rather than accept who and what you really are and try to change. I look in the mirror every day and am happy with what I see and that's good enough for me.

I feel sorry for you and for all those has been racers that go on attack at your behest. To live on hate is a sad thing, it rarely affects the one you hate though - it only changes you. You are a smart guy - your posts prove that. But smart only goes so far then people see the man and understand the many negative things they've seen and heard over the years. I have no hate for you at all, just pity.

VFR#52 likes this.