Deals Gap/ Pigeon Forge Hotels For Bikers

Discussion in 'General' started by raven433, Jun 8, 2018.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

When you heading down

2. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

We stayed there last week, and I didn’t enjoy it much. Our cabin was rough, and the restaurant there was a disaster every time we went. However, a lot of people love Fontana, so maybe we just got unlucky.

3. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

Heading down July 10 and coming back July 16.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can sell booze if you have a tennis court?

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Yes. In order to be considered a "resort" with perks, the has to be like 3 or 4 things you Must have. I know deals gap resort has all. I think the requirements are something like a tennis or basketball court. A hitching post for horses. An area for overnight stays, and food on premises. As I said, you can choose from a list. When Brad (owner of deals gap resort), and I use to hang out regularly, we use to talk about that stuff. There are tennis courts at deals gap resort. You just have to follow this gravel road up behind the old garage area about 150 yards behind the tree line.

Hooligan likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is truly fantastic, explains the resort name in the places. Always kind of wondered why so many in the same area felt the need to add it.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We've rented a house in Robbinsville and are headed down a week from today for 8 days. If you go by the Weather Channel forecast, it shows it's going to rain every day we're there. Yet for the last month it's been showing rain damn near every day. So is it really raining every day there or is it just a spot shower for 30 minutes? We're hauling 5 motorcycles...I don't want to sit on the porch and watch the rain every day.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

It's a lot different down there than here in Indiana. It always calls for rain, and usually does, for about 10-20 minutes occasionally. Just embrace it, besides, rain makes you smoother. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

We had the exact same forecast when we were there three weeks ago. We rode in the dry every day. All we got was scattered showers at about 4:00 PM. Bring a rain suit in your bags and pop it on when it starts and enjoy 90% of your day.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's what I was hoping. Our plan is to ride from about 10-2 or 3 so a 4 o' clock rain shower should be when we're cracking that first beer. We do plan on riding to Helen one day so we'll prepare.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just be ready for very sudden changes of weather on the Cherohala Skyway. That place has it's own micro climate and temperature can drop 20 degrees in minutes.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bummer. A lot can change in ten years for sure.

13. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Agree 100% regarding the weather. Seems I see 80-90% chance of storms daily over the last 2 weeks. In reality, you’ve got about a 30% after about 2-3pm. At worst. And those you can often dodge.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's called summer :D