1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want to accomplish?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Apr 24, 2017.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Nice....enjoy the rest of the trip.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I just saw this post from a while ago... I'm still waiting on your book - what was it? "Things You Should Tell a Fella" ? - Something about fuel capacity and weight of a particular airplane at takeoff?

3. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Ha! Yea, the working title was always “Things you Oughta Tell a Fella”. And the story you remember was a reference to a guy telling me “ Everybody knows you can’t take off a Piper Pacer with less than half a tank of fuel!” After nearly killing myself, My response was “No! Everybody doesn’t! There are things you oughta tell a fella!”...

Lawn Dart likes this.
  4. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Strange reading this thread again and seeing that Grayghost posting. Hope he accomplished everything important before he passed.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Well crap, I missed this. He was a great resource on Sprinters. RIP

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Finish Grad School
    Become fluent in Spanish
    Semi-retirement Business Professor / Consultant somewhere in the Caribbean

Phl218 and SteveThompson like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Putter too. Wonder if he got through with the neighbor. :Putter:

Phl218 likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

What happened to Grayghost?

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Killed in a bike wreck while riding on the street.

11. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

I’d like to raise enough money with our annual fundraiser to buy a mile of air fence.

Phl218 and badmoon692008 like this.
  12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Damn. Well that sucks.....

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Ticked one off my list too
    I was able to get out of my job and switch careers into something much less flashy but safer, steadier, pays better, and working hard = advancement
    I can see a future where I can provide for my family, put future kids through school, and hopefully one day full fill the dream of owning or owning a piece of an airplane.

Had to call 911 for the first time today though. Wife was in a pretty nasty car accident but not bad enough to go to the hospital and when we got home she passed out I think from the shock, pain, anxiety etc. I realized I was out of my element and called in the good guys to the house.

First responders are some amazing people and I am thankful for them today:flag:

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hope your wife is okay, I had to do that one time with my wife....felt so helpless!!!!

On another note, what is you new career?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what I want to accomplish? I want to go to Hawaii and see the active lave fields and . . . pee on it. I want to piss on hot lava.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well that has to be very easy to accomplish......like we could do it next week by cashing in miles.

17. I can only think of 2 things I want to do that I haven’t done already, and that is one of them. I want to ride East till I get to the ocean, then head West till I get to the other one.

My job would easily allow me to do that since I get a month off at a time, I just haven’t bitten the bullet yet.

The other one is to race an entire race season (start to finish, making every round on the SE and/or National schedule).

Unfortunately, my job makes that one impossible.

18. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Steeltoe needs to make somebody a map...

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, what? When did this happen? I totally missed this. :(

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’ll be damned if I can recall which thread it was in. Maybe a month or two ago. Like any of them, it was a bit shocking to see. Always seemed like a good dude.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018