1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember your dogs in this heat

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

MachineR1, j cal, Pixelator and 4 others like this.
  2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

My dog leads the life of a king. Suckers in the AC more than me.

Phl218, egomezent and ToofPic like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. We would have sold the RV years ago if not for them needing their rolling kennel.

4. ToofPic

Yep,mine are in a cool 68 degress.I just remembered the pavement being outrageously hot,and what it does to their feet.
    Then I remembered the white lab locked in a f-250 last summer.The guy came back,but I wondered how long the poor guy had been roasting.
    The old folks bother me the most with pets.They think because its a comfortable 99 degrees to them that fluffy likes it while they go to the drs.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

All 4 of mine are within 2 feet of me and within 74 degrees.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. My dog spends less time in the heat than me. F&ck I even put a fan in the garage for her for when she follows me outside. My dogs a bit spoiled but she’s a great dog.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I only work so my dog can have a better life.

Phl218, RossK6, Banditracer and 5 others like this.
  8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

When i take mine out in the car, he always has a bowl of water and if i have to go in store real quick, i remote start car and leave him in it with air on and his water. Other than that , he is laying on couch chilling in a cool 72 degree house

ToofPic likes this.
  9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yup, 68 and comfy for my pups. We go out to play when I get home, just for less time when it gets hot.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Okay, so OUR dogs are cool, what can we do about those less fortunate?

ToofPic likes this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Adopt....rescue...the stuff we already do.

Shenanigans and ToofPic like this.
  12. ToofPic

Check your local laws about out door tethering . In ga they have passed a law against leaving dogs tied up outside,
    I hope it prevents dogs from freezing,or dieing from heat.
    If you see a dog suffering,please report it,and make sure its followed up on.
    Last summer I reported 2 strays,and one that was already ran over.Hall county never responded,and one of the strays got ran over,
    They never removed either body,despite me giving details on where the dogs were located.:mad:
    They have the resources,but acted like I was a bother.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

14. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have options. But having grown up in a house with no AC they're just fine. There are thousands of homeless who choose to live here in Vegas where it's been over a hundred for the last week or more and they're just fine with the heat.