1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: GSXR 1000 K5/6 Yoshimura swingarm

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Black Sabbath, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Member

I´m looking for Yoshimura swingarm for GSXR 1000 K5/6.
    Thanks.

2. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Member

3. Steve750r

Steve750r Well-Known Member

Good luck lol

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah that' gonna be a long shot. Might have easier time with a Harris or Heat Magic....maybe.

5. Steve750r

Steve750r Well-Known Member

Saw a heat magic on ebay if I remember right. Check there

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Member

Only Yoshimura :)

8. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Member

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

whats the 411 on that part? I have a trac arm on my 2005 bike and its really nice, light & stiff. Is the Yosh one super light or something?

10. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Member

I'm building Yoshi replica, so I want Yoshi only.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

great but i'm interested in whats so good about the component? Are you building it on a budget?
    Cause my first call would be to Yosh...lol

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think in the case of the K5/6 as the OP is asking about, the Yoshimura arm is longer because the OEM arm was too short to get proper geometry set in SBK. Even SSTK guys were running the axle all the way back as far as it would go to increase mid-corner stability with the OEM swingarm. They also can engineer different flex characteristics into the arm....not sure if that's part of what is in play here. Not super light to my knowledge.

Ducti89 likes this.
  13. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

I have a buddy who has an 05 with an modified by Yosh stock swingarm, some minor bracing and its 1.5 inches longer is all that was done to it.

14. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Interesting. Good info, Kaz!

15. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Member

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seems that's the general consensus when it comes to aftermarket swingarms these days. Even in MotoGP from what I've read those bikes have generally longer wheelbases than you would typically find with most sport bikes. I know more recently it appears to be the thing to do with the latest gen R1 to lengthen the swingarm. I remember glancing at Jake Gagne's initial SSTK bike and you can see how far back they pulled the axle in the blocks.

[​IMG]

...and more recently teams are just welding in longer axle block extensions to lengthen even more.

[​IMG]

Ducti89 likes this.
  17. Ducti89

I moved my axle back via the chain on my swinger after seeing this thread and it made me feel more confident with the back end. It was much more stable than previous settings!

Good stuff!

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If you never watched this video before (actually his whole series on there) you may find this rather interesting.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6031806

19. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Member

Up. I´m still looking for Yoshi swingarm and linkage.

20. Ducti89

Ive been looking for this picture for reference. Again, thanks for posting this stuff, Kaz.