1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Trifecta - Road Atl - Barber - Tally - Cash Prizes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Can-am, Feb 14, 2018.

1. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

No... just the money race ... not for Wera ... ha ha

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I kept 250GP for two years just for him (seriously). I kept the field open and no one showed to play ball on it. It was a depressing empty field :(

Redundancy was on purpose for effect :D

3. DougBowie

See....I know there not a 250 you dummies, want to still race in 500 class butt have time time thingie for my 250.... Like the 350 has .... so that's all Mr smarties pants lawyer and

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I get it, you want special stuff for you on the 250, that's why I'm poking fun of it.

5. DougBowie

No, for 250 ... read Rons rules before you become a SmartAss ... This guestion was for Ron .... not local BBS jerks to try to make themselves look like a Rock star....

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rock star? No thanks.

I have read the rules. I'm curious as to what historical 250GP laptimes you'd like him to get a handicap from. I'm curious why he should bother doing so. I'm curious why you think a 250 should be factored in before looking at other classes with much much much higher turnouts.

Asking for something special just for you seems to be a lot more rock star than calling someone out for doing so...

7. DougBowie

It's not turn out in class.. all bike are in 500 class with different time difference .... there are wera guys with 250 . All bikes have different times per lap, I don't want a 250 class for Wera ... was asking if There's a time difference for 250 like there a time difference for 350 and 500 all in the 3 races he offer money... That's the Question I try to ask before you and Mr Lawyer became ... well whatever...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I get all that - so what 250 races should he get the times from to adjust for the 500 class? The information has to come from somewhere. When we had the 250 class you didn't run it more than a couple times, that's not a lot of historical data to pull from.

9. DougBowie

I was asking a simple Question and you and David made it something else.... I don't know where Ron got times from... I was wondering for 250 is there a difference... That's it ....

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was joking at first, you need to relax :D

11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

WTF???????????????????????????????????????/

I poke fun at Dougie and he goes over the top?

Doug, I'm sorry, please accept my most humble apologies, really, I'm chagrined, I am embarrassed, if I had only known, I'd . . . no, really, please, . . . . . . don't go postal, or school house, or whatever the term is today . . . .

Mongo got it. hence, the smilie in response to the redundancy.

Sheesh,

Cheers,

Dave

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Ride the 250 in 350GP, it's probably faster than the stock Hondas in that class.

13. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Doug,
    In theory I could put a 250 handicap in for the prize money. In practice, I can not. I spent a lot of time finding events at which all the classes involved ran on the same day in dry conditions. Even though the classes involved in the handicaps ran in different races in the past, the times were from the same day, same condition and same weather. For almost all of those events there was no 250GP race from which I could extract data. So I can not make a solid handicap without solid data. As I recall you won prize money in a prior running of this event. Perhaps you will again. Good luck.

14. DougBowie

Ok... Thanks for what I was asking...

15. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who participated in round one.
    Results:
    Mark Morrow $150
    Harry Vanderlinden $125
    Jim Hinshaw $100
    Jerry Duke $75
    Jack Houman $50
    Evelyne will may you checks on Monday.
    Winning margin 4.02 seconds.
    Next round Barber June 30. Handicaps to be released next week. See you there.

JBall and ToofPic like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Woohoo!

17. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Thanks !

Mark was sandbaging

18. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Dang, there must have been some serious punch in those handicaps with my performance taking home some money.
    See the Turn 10A (Skip 10B) stunt that I recovered from at 3:15
    Thank you Ron!
    I do appreciate all your inputs!
    Jack

JBall likes this.
  19. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Round 2 - Barber Handicaps

Thanks to riders and staff who participated in Round 1 at Road Atlanta. It was the largest turnout of vintage bikes in the class so far this year. Let's make the next round bigger. These will be the handicaps for the Barber event.

To determine the handicaps
    , the results from 6 previous dry races were used to calculate a differential based upon the class winning times. When the handicap is applied to the slower classes the cash winners could come from any class. Based upon the average time differential for the winners of each of the classes, the handicaps will be:

Clubman, V4, V3, 500GP Race

Handicap (seconds/lap)

F 2-stroke 0

F500 2.4

V3 3.2

V4 1.9

V2 3.8

V1 3.3

500 GP 6.8

350GP 8.7

G50, 500 Manx 2.4

AER350, 7R, 350 Manx 3.8

Formula 2-stroke is the baseline and has been the fastest class on average over the years. Certain period GP race bikes (now seldom seen) have demonstrated a considerable advantage over the bikes currently running in those classes. 500 Manx and G50 riders have matched Formula 500 over the years and will run with a F500 handicap. Aermacchi 350, AJS7R and 350 Manx will run with a V2 handicap. Clubman bikes which are not vintage “bump up” entries are not eligible for a cash prize.

Handicaps will be different at each round based on the historical performance of each class at the different tracks.

I will be at Barber calculating the results. Please look me up and share any ideas to improve the series.

Ron Raven #397

20. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

At the Barber round on June 30 envelopes of cash and a bottle of champagne was presented to:
    1st: Mark Morrow $150
    2nd: Jerry Duke $125
    3rd: David Clark $100

Next round is Talladega on August 18. Plan to be there. We need a good grid.

JBall likes this.