1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Mugello | Italy | 2018 | June 1 - 3

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 29, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You're not wrong. Suzuki should leave MotoGP. A two rider team, no satellite input, is not going to win a championship. Rather see them put those resources elsewhere. Get Tony Elias a big fancy motorhome. One of those two level jobs.

As for Iannone what's to like about him? He's fast sometimes? They are all fast sometimes. He's also a bonehead.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Shit... they'd probably do better.

3. cpettit

How many have podium'd and or won? On the right bike he is a contender. I'd take him over Rins all day any day. Suzuki ditched the wrong rider.

The Great One likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If he's so great why cant he keep a ride?

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

pirro at the very least looks like he has a broken arm and a broken leg as he's tumbling. that looks real real bad. geezus christ.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

holy shit haha. how is he not broken? i mean he at least was unconscious? he's not worried about that at all? that is insane. :bow:

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Air bag suits. They work.

10. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin Well-Known Member

At the of the broadcast they announced he had a dislocated shoulder which they had popped back in and a lot of bruising. He was being transported to Florence for scans for being unconscious for so long. I'm glad to see it wasn't any worse... was an odd crash for sure

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Get it while it's hot, Dorna's gonna pull it soon :

Goddamn that was brutal.

KrooklynSV and BigBird like this.
  12. cha0s#242

Not necessarily. I think he was just knocked out, that's why his arms and legs were flailing like that...

BigBird likes this.
  13. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Terrible crash for sure. Wonder why those don't happen a bit more with the high-speed, rear-wheel-in-the-air while slowing down from 200+mph shenanigans these guys perform. Interesting twitter is calling it a horror crash. I suppose mainly for the speed. I kinda remember Nakano's and Marquez' crashes there as being worse. Hard to say. 200mph crashes are pretty terrifying period.

14. cpettit

A true testament to good safety gear... and a lil bit of luck.

BigBird and vizsladog like this.
  15. NemesisR6

I wonder if there's any truth to the old belief that going "limp" is better than trying to "fight" the crash........like how people who are drunk in an automobile accident are thought to experience less injuries than somebody who's sober.

I remember back when Gibernau was racing he would always try to tuck his arms in close when he fell/tumbled, and you see lots of riders consciously trying to stop themselves from tumbling.

Then you see Pirro go lights-out from the initial impact, tumble like a ragdoll for a few hundred feet, then come away relatively unharmed? Pretty amazing.

418 likes this.
  16. NemesisR6

I thought of those incidents, too, so I went back and watched. Pirro's is way worse than either, IMHO.

vizsladog likes this.
  17. cha0s#242

And being in top physical shape. No doubt replacing Pirro with any average joe with a dadbod would not have resulted in such a positive outcome...

I'm not sure he was still doing 200 mph though, he seemed to be on the brakes for a second or two before flipping, so maybe he lost some speed. Telemetry would help us here, of course.

Laz, cpettit and 418 like this.
  18. NemesisR6

The current prevailing theory is that little headshake he got over the crest affected his brake pads slightly, which is why you see the nose of the bike just dive like mad as he scrambled to get them to bite again. Once they did it started to pitch him over, so he tried to release a bit but the bike was already well crossed-up.

Also interested to see what (if anything) Pirro/Ducati says.

Just so relieved he's OK.

AJ and cha0s#242 like this.
  19. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

should buff right out

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Limp works at times but not others. Plenty of knocked out racers break bones and over extend soft bits. Plenty of drunks get killed too.