1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World’s deadliest race has claimed another life ...

Discussion in 'General' started by Beresh21, May 31, 2018.

1. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I’d love to Guy Martin, Dunlop or McGuinniss on a moto gp bike with all of the rider aids and high tech stuff run the TT. I’d be curious if they would be any faster or not.

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

No disrespect to the TT guys, but I completely disagree. Look at the results of the guys in TT Legends Team in the WEC. And WEC is nowhere close to Moto GP. Yes the TT guys are on a different level, but it's mostly in terms of self preservation... not speed.

AJ likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP...racer.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Correct. Few of those guys run BSB from time to time and they pretty much finish at the back. I think Hutchy is the only one that might have done really well on short circuits.

Saying that, real roads racing is almost a different discipline all together.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Drama queen for sure :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's funny for me too - I'd spectate a little just because but overall I'd rather be in the paddock or the beer tent than watching the corners and such. I'm totally fine with the riders choosing the risk but I've got enough bad dreams, don't need more.

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Every TT racer would fully admit that them racing there is a selfish decision and pursuit.

Motorcycle racing in general is a selfish pursuit with a large amount of risk attached.

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I agree to a certain extent. Yes, most fast TT guys wouldn’t be able to do much in something like GP but it’s an entirely different style of riding. The self preservation factor is just one aspect of it.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

"It's like a real fast weekend ride with your buddies. You can't go 100 pct"

10. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

Hopefully the loud generators will be banned from there..

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Free power everywhere. It is heaven after all :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Make that free wireless power, Tesla got it figured out finally.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You stole my post! :D

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: Just because someone is doing something that is a bit risky and and they know that it is risky does not make me not feel bad for them. It isn't like they are drug addicts that OD'ed or something. They didn't go out there with the attitude that they were going to die that day. But those guys are about as hardcore as they come and died doing something they love. You can't bubble wrap life and everyone has a different level of acceptable risk. I am not going to criticize someone for their personal allowable risk level. Hell, Mike Hailwood raced TT's, GP's and F1, all at a front running pace, and died in a passenger car while going home after eating out with his family.

And I agree with the people who have commented on the thread title. IMO it is sensationalist and really kinda shitty...

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Funny how in the process of trying to make a distinction with drug addiction, you describe exactly what addicts do. :D

SuddenBraking, 418 and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

But it's accurate, isn't it ?

I love the TT, but I'm not going to try to fool myself to think it's not deadly.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

It's accurate, it's just bad publicity.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:A slight craving for something salty...:D

19. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

seems to me the top IOMTT racers skills would be vastly more broad/wide range than MotoGP racers. its the real deal.. MotoGP is like racing minis on kart tracks comparatively IMO

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I’d add the Pikes Peak finishers to this list.