1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F Axle diameter question

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Algonquin, May 14, 2018.

1. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

Typically confused I can't find a comprehensive list of front axle diameters for 125 GP bikes to help me identify a set of WP 125GP forks meant for my Honda RS 125 of '98 vintage which, of course has a M15 dia. front spindle while the WP GP forks are M17 dia.axle sized. Maybe TZ 125? The Honda front axles jumped from M15 to M20 after '99 inclusive, I think.
    Obviously confused,
    fmcd

2. sbrokerboy

sbrokerboy Well-Known Member

I would just have a machine shop mic it and make you one, should not be that expesive

3. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

we have a 98 here with WP forks,,,what do you need??

4. Algonquin

I want to know which years and models of 125GP bike used a 17mm front axle and the reason for asking is of course because a front wheel has to have 17mm ID bearings and inside spacers as well. My WP forks arrived unidentified as to application is why I ask.
    Thank you.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Never heard of a 17 mm setup ..... 15 stock stuff , my WP's take a stock axle and they are single side radial mount, Heard of 20 mm on 125's and had a set of Dymag carbons that came with 20 mm bearings,

6. Algonquin

These WP 125 spec forks could have been Aprillia, I have no info came with them so I remain in the dark, what I will do is use 0.04" shim stock I guess.