1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomac is a freak at Hangtown.

Discussion in 'General' started by swiest152, May 19, 2018.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

2015, 1-1
    2017, 1-1
    2018, 1-1

Just like years past.... if the man can stay away from mechanicals and other BS, wins are all him.

2nd moto today was a clear sign of how much faster he is then anyone else.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

So badass!!

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

just think what he could do, if he could master "self control". Ski

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. swiest152

If he could master self control and not play head games with himself, he should have already gone 24 for 24 joining RC and JS in the record books.

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've seen this movie before though. That's a big "if" for him. Love to see it happen though.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

in book now... most supercross wins, with no championships. try the veal, I'm here all week. :D

in reality, he cant control himself. doesnt know how to lay down when not needed. was running 3-4 seconds a lap faster than the whole field inc marvin while leading... no need for that. was off the bike before leading the second moto, "could" have went down again, pushing at the end, with no need to. he needs to learn managing desire, pace, and reality (think season long, not one moto). talented, no doubt. best out there now, no way, because of the self control issues. fastest at times but, again... comes back to self management. Ski

Boman Forklift and VFR#52 like this.
  7. swiest152

We've seen this movie every year with him since he's been pro. W

I agree, he needs to learn to back it down but at the same time that's why I love watching him. That minute thirty win over Dungy in 2015 was something mind boggling. There was no reason to be going that fast after a 10 second lead let alone a minute thirty lead....

If (yes, a big IF) he had that ability to harness his raw speed he would already have 3 MX titles and 2-3 SX titles. (450 class).

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I hope that he's learned his lessons in SX this year. Look at Anderson, he's been training with Diesel (Dungey) for a few years and it shows. Not always the top spot but if you are 2nd and 3rd on your bad nights, you'll end up with championships (you have to get the W as well, but minimizing the "off" nights is what it's all about these days.

MM showed some good speed, but just need a touch more to be top level. I was hoping he was there this year, but still just a hair off the pace. Was good to see BamBam up towards the front, and I hope Peick can get another 5%, I always like watching him and like the background.

Osborne looked solid, I'm hoping Plessinger nails his setup a bit more and gives him a run for the money.

9. swiest152

No one will remember that Anderson won that title, it's like no one remembers Grant Langstons 450 MX title. I like both those riders, but they weren't the premier guys. ET's problem is he will be remembered as the guy who should have 7 titles but will have 2.... just a bunch of wins.

Musquin just isn't there, he's like Barcia/Anderson...fast but not THE guy. He's not Poto, Ricky, James caliber. Tomac is on the all out speed end.

Jeremy Martin is now training with Tomac (which I can't believe Eli allowed someone to train with him) but im hoping that pushes JMar to creep towards Osborne at some point otherwise the 250 class will be Zachs to lose again. Zach is way above the rest right now. He should be on Dean Wilson's 450.....

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. swiest152

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

That surprised me as well. I thought Anderson had it in the bag.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

DVR cut off. Did Anderson have a clutch problem on the last lap and a half, or was it just a mistake going up the hill?

13. swiest152

no issues with andersons bike. Just didn't have the juice or the speed to hang with eli.

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Yup, it’s what makes it so interesting to watch him. So much genius, but... It’s just part of him. Amazing talent, with a big flaw.

Watched him unload at Anaheim 1 this year, in the lead, running away, and he folded the front up and off he went, on his shoulder. Another unforced error.

At Glen Helen, 8 seconds behind, 3 laps to go, wins by a mile, and as always, you’re wondering if he can bring it home.

It makes it interesting to me. The dominant guys who just run away, going way back to Joel Robert (my first mx hero) through Carmichael and Dungey, are not much to watch. Hell, Robert was so far ahead in Belgium one year he pulled over and drank a beer. The guys who are geniuses but might screw themselves into the ground and not make it to the end (think Tomac and Stewart) are more fun to watch for me.

Yzasserina likes this.
  15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He’s James Stewart. More speed than anyone but only has one gear.

God damn it’s beautiful to watch when I goes right though. Also equally horrifying when it goes wrong.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I was trying to figure out why I liked Tomac so much, and now I know why. I was always a fan of Stewart because of the way he rode. Always the fastest but never knew what was going to happen.

17. swiest152

When Tomac is on, its just amazing. No one can touch his speed when he's truly on. He flows like no one else. But when he has an off day its horrible to watch.

No one in the field has that ability to do what he can do right now.

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I'm excited to see Plessinger coming into his own. Before the season it was the "O" show and the brothers Martin (and a few others). Glad to see him put a stamp on it this weekend on a tough track.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think Roczen is going to mess up Tomac's potential perfect season. He's improving at a ridiculous rate now it seems. I think Tomac still takes the title this year though.

20. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Well that would be a great thing. I think ken is the only one that could take tomac on. But my god what a race. Just watched it, the man is making his competitors look like they are on 250.