1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mattress

Discussion in 'General' started by jnjdad, Dec 21, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bump to the top. I'm ready to buy a new king sized mattress. I'm thinking Purple at the moment. I see a couple of you on here have them. How are they holding up? How much do you weigh?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just got a Tuft and Needle Wednesday, not sure yet but more of that is it's very different from the innerspring it replaced and very different feel than the other memory foam we had. I'll give it a couple weeks before coming to any conclusions.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Relatively happy with our ghost king sized bed. I cannot sleep on my side though which is a habit I was trying to break anyway. I think it was $1000 with 3 free pillows which are awesome.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I ordered a Purple. I'll check back in with reviews later on.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Just bought a Tulo firm. Got the adjustable base (raises the head) for free. Spent almost as much on new bedding and covers. Very comfortable. The dogs really seem to like it as well.

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I just took a peek at them. My body throws a lot of heat. Do you feel cooler? Hows the firmness?

qwikag likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not as firm - or as overly hot - as the tempurpedic we had. It's also a lot shorter than the innerspring we replaced so it just feels totally different right now but comfortable enough. Need more time to be sure. No heat issues that aren't dog created.

I'm also thinking about how it would work in the RV as the stock mattress there has been shot for years and as we spend more time in it the more sore I am in the mornings. Currently thinking it's a little thin/soft for going on plywood in the RV, I put it on boxsprings in the house.

kangasj likes this.
  8. Ducti89

Interesting. The diagram of the mattress on their site made it seem like it was as thick as a generic mattress.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is as thick as a normal one - but our old innerspring was stupid tall. It felt even weirder going from a sleep number up to that one than going back to a normal height feels :D

10. Ducti89

11. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

My quality of sleep wasn't very good after my accident so my decided to replace our mattress seeing it was due anyway.
    We tried Lull at first. It was a multi layer memory foam. First 2 weeks my back really hurt and I expected that after sleeping on a worn out inner spring for years.
    While my back got better a couple month into it if just wasn't much better than what we were on before. My wife had no issues with the Lull but she weighs a lot less than I do.
    I think that was my issue.

I'm usually near 200 lbs but had been between that and 150 lbs for the last year. My wife was right on the lower end for what Purple recommends so we did the warranty on the Lull and switched. My back never had to adjust and I have been sleeping better. I like how cool it is compared to the other memory foam beds and its good for side sleepers.

12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Tuft and needle updates so far?

Price looks good on them

13. Ducti89

Subscribed. Consensus?

14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I bought a couple of these for the boat. They come with a nice cover and it was waaaaay cheaper than buying a custom built mattress. Unzipped the cover and took an electric knife to cut it to the right size since none of the mattresses on the boat are rectangular. Pretty happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Ultima...&ie=UTF8&qid=1530204081&sr=1-9&keywords=zinus

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm a month into my Purple and it's been great so far. But in my opinion, it's not the one month review that matters, it's the six month, the year, and the five year. I did build a new bed for the mattress and it turned out pretty good :D

IMG_0576.jpg

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You got a disco ball to go with that shag carpet? :D

Also bump for review from Mongo... My wife and I aren't exactly small people, either. If a mattress can hold up to Mongo, I believe it'll do us just fine.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s not shag, just worn out burber

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The new one is really thick. I got the original

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have had the purple for over a year, and we are very pleased with it. I weigh 195 and the wife 140.

Next I'm going to try one of those My Pillows that we always see advertised on TV. My pillow situation sucks.

Ducti89 likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Me & my bride are both over 6', and both over 200#. Me a bit more so than her, LOL