1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Strada

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, May 15, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Friend of mine ride his Diavel to Maine and back for lobsters a couple years back. Also did all sorts of goofy stuff like fire roads. However - he went with the Diavel over the Multi purely for height reasons. I'd sure it's totally fine for trips and such but the Multi would still be better.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I’m so tempted by this. I’ve ridden my 01 Road King from Wisconsin to Utah and back again, and it was fine but there surely are better options. This could fit the bill. Interested in a Multi also.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Based on the reviews I’ve read, the bags suck. I’ve not had a chance to search for a suitable aftermarket upgrade. I’m going to spend some time on the Diavel forum and see what I can find out.

Have you ridden one of these yet?

4. I’ve sat on some at Rob’s when I was picking up other bikes, but haven’t ridden one yet.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm going to try to demo one if I can get to a Duc dealer in the next few weeks. They don't have the Strada anymore but maybe I'll get lucky.

6. Lemme know what you think after you ride it.

I shoulda rode one while I was there, but they had too many bikes. I kept getting distracted.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Best color too.

9. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Take a look at the bags by Shad. I have them on mine and love them. The Shad mounting brackets also allow for a backrest for the passenger without having to redo all the lights on the rear like the Strada ones. If you go this route I have an extra set of brand new bags that were given to me.

As far as the bike goes, I love it. Hated the look when it first came out but it grew on me. The bike is comfy and has plenty of power for street riding. the suspension could use a little tweaking but not enough for me to bother changing yet.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Those are nice. I wonder if they'll make anything for the X Diavel. It is a much more attractive bike.

11. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

I don't think they will with the XDiavel since the exhaust exits too high and forward. My Termis just barely miss the bags on the Diavel.

12. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

It's far better than it has any right to be. But I can't help but think 'why' when I ride one. If I'm buying it because I like the 'muscle cruiser' look, I'd buy the XDiavel with the 1260 engine - looks better and is faster. If I wanted something with luggage capacity, the MTS1200/1260 is better in every regard unless you wanted a low seat height.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Not if you spring for the Termi system on the XDiavel, they are almost pointing down in front of the rear tire......

[​IMG]

14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Dammit, I almost like that!

15. NemesisR6

Not to mention much faster, better handling, and ditches all the chain maintenance by going to a belt drive.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If it was only me riding it there'd be no question, but I want a 2up bike.

17. NemesisR6

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's what keeps your wife from falling off the back.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds