1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, May 14, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I love all different kinds of hot sauces, growing up in NC and moving to SoCal when I was 14 I've tasted my fair share.

If you want to try something different, get your hands on a hot pepper jam/jelly. The thought of it was initially off putting, but once I tried it I was hooked. They work great as a dip, topping or part of a base for cooking/BBQing. Personally I would steer away from the cherry flavored ones, as they can be too sweet in my opinion, but there are some out there that are fantastic!

This is one of my favorites: https://www.spoon.com/chili-jam.html

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have gotten a spicy plum chutney (alongside some gruyiere) for Christmas. That stuff was the tits! Not really spicy but together with cheese, man...

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Pic of the said kit

I can post some recipes if interested

Attached Files:

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Gator Hammock has a good flavor.

5. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sriracha FTW....
    Some spice and flavor

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

The hot sauce I got you was Johnny Phoenix 's line. Can't really get it outside of ren fest - their website is garbage.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Do NOT Google Valentina. :eek: :D

Taqueria.

The little lady just recently picked up a bottle of Tabasco's Sriracha, best I've had so far.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Where are you located? I've got copious amounts of homemade hot sauce (habanero tabasco, normal tabasco, pineapple habanero, sriracha, etc.) that you're welcome to. Bucks County, PA.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

No.

814281.jpg

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

My favorite by far, great balance of flavor and spice.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Adding in cooking adds a lot of different things to the answer because it depends on what you're cooking.

Tabasco original is great of course. Their flavors are also good but I lean towards those as a condiment, original is the one I add to recipes.

There are a gazillion different sauces with night and day different flavors out there. So really the only answer is - it depends :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Major sauce overload there for sure. I did find a quart bottle of Cholula at the original one :D

15. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Valentina is my number one overall go to..
    Tapatio is decent but not anything super special...
    There's a local place to me called "Legend Larry's" Their "hot" and "scary larry" sauce are fantastic... similar flavor between the two but the scary larry is significantly hotter, and the hot has a pretty good burn already. I'll have to dig through my hot sauce cabinet tonight to see what else I really like. There's one that I think is a Louisiana hot sauce or something I really like.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, there are a number of salsa taqueras out there - but what the hell is a pool cue rack sauce?

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I like Karribean Flavors Vintage West Indian Pepper Sauce. Someone gave me a bottle as a gift after visiting there.
    [​IMG]

20. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Firehouse subs has a shitton of them on the counter you can try out. I don't think they sell them but you can likely order it online if you find one that works for you.