1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CRRC93

CRRC93 New Member

After watching the progression of the CMRA lawsuit and the way the CMRA Board acted when they were asked to examine the books, AS REQUIRED BY LAW FOR ANY NON-PROFIT, I decided to ask myself. I have no axe to grind and have never met Mr. Inge (if you put him in a lineup, I could not tell you which was him), but I do know that the law requires, in exchange for the benefits granted to non-profits, that they be transparent. Instead of just opening the books, the CMRA Board attacked Mr. Inge, which is exactly as you would expect IF THEY WERE GUILTY.

So I asked to see the books and was directed to one of the club's attorneys and was told how difficult it would be to collect all the info I had asked for, implying, falsely, that the information did not exist in digital form. At this point I noted that all of that info must have been collected as part of the suit and that I just wanted whatever they had put together for that case.

At this point they conceded that yes the information was in digital form, but they would have to ask the judge overseeing the case. That, of course, was not what they did and instead they asked the judge to prohibit examination of the information until the case was settled. In other words, they asked the judge to circumvent the law and keep me from getting the info the law says I am entitled to.

The latest on the case is that Mr. Inge, who was improperly ejected from the club, does not have "standing" and so they hoped the whole thing would go away WITHOUT ANY EXAMINATION OF THE BOOKS.

I, however, do have "standing" and so the case will go forward and at some point we will learn exactly what the story is, as far as the club's books.

Finally, the CMRA Board has a responsibility to the membership to obey the law and to control costs. The amount of money the Board has squandered fighting to keep the club's books secret, EVEN THOUGH THIS IS IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW REGARDING NON-PROFITS, could have reduced the cost of entries by a significant amount for several years and so what they have done is completely improper. The CMRA Board is asking that they be allowed to gain the benefits of being a non-profit, but not have to follow the rules for non-profits. This is just wrong, plain and simple.

I have attached the filing.

Attached Files:

G2G, Pixelator, auminer and 3 others like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:Pop:

In on page 1!

(assuming the thread isn't nuked)

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

wtf?:crackup:

Steady T likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh, hell yeah. Page 1!

Pixelator likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Cool story, brah

6. joec

joec brace yourself

I have no idea what's going on here.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wonder what identity the spokesperson will show up under this time.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

"Member Since: Thursday

TX Joose, rcarson15 and HPPT like this.
  10. britx303

Alright..............who's down for some cosplay?

TLR67, t500racer, Steeltoe and 6 others like this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Why not add this to the dead lawyer thread?

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’m down if you bring that big tittied Tombraider chick.

dtalbott likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

15. britx303

Not around you heathens............besides steeltoe. Aint got nothing to worry about with him/her.:D

16. I threw in a like, just to try to give him street cred for his complete and utter rambling nonsense.

17. And for f@ck sakes, let the IRS deal with that crap.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Me neither....but

[​IMG]

19. britx303

You can only be "In" as long as you "like" the OPs original comment. Canadian Bacon started a "like" go-fund me campaign.:D

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Am I still on page 1?