1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do they do with Cory West?

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, May 8, 2018.

1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Last report I saw:

Bruce likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hoping M4 can find some additional $ to keep West in the field. I think the largest budget eater at this point would be having to bring on additional team members, mechanics, travel etc to provide race support. Most of the other cost are fixed/overhead and a couple more bikes wouldn’t seem to break the bank. Hopefully they can put something together.

He’s not completely out of the championship hunt. He’s only going to get better as the season progresses and he gets more seat time. Would be a shame if he couldn't continue.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would increase the costs by almost 50% of their current 600 budget - only thing it wouldn't is transport to the track for the bikes. The rest would cost money from bikes to parts to personnel to building and maintaining the bikes and so on. Fuel, tires, other consumables too.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

For sure it would increase the cost. Adding another bike for half the cost is cheap while I have no issues spending other people’s $. :D

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It would really suck if they couldn't find a way to keep him especially where he sits in the points. I've had the opportunity to work with Corey with TSE over the last couple of years. He has a lot of talent and riding left in him. Let's hope for the best for Mr. West. I'm a fan

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Most impressive pass for me was Eslick on the Buell at mid Ohio wheeling past hacking.

Steady T and MELK-MAN like this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Cite with video proof or it didn’t happen :Poke:

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Doesn't RBoM have an extra Twin lying around? Rotate it among the 3...finish with less points versus teammate in a round and ride the SV next round. Qualifying time settles ties :D

track wagon likes this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

If JU can't keep him , i would like to see Aussie Dave put him on the R6

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I wonder if JU is following this thread for advice ? :crackup:

Pixelator, tigerblade, HPPT and 2 others like this.
  12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Fixed.:D

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. my guess, he's waiting for the first guy to post "I'll put up the $150,000 to field another bike" ;)

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for him to come on here with a link to a go fund me :)

Banditracer likes this.
  15. Bburns912

Bburns912 Well-Known Member

I really hope they keep Cory. Everyone in the paddock is rooting for him. He’s making the racing great to watch. Plus he’s in the points now. Suzuki has to be happy with what he’s doing and not calling the bike a piece of shit.

badmoon692008 and rcarson15 like this.
  16. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Team Hunter can make a comeback

Pixelator and cajun636 like this.
  17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed he's able to log in here and not simply rage quit the internet after a couple minutes.

cajun636 likes this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, he hasn't really posted too much in the past 18-24 months, so, you may not be far off.

19. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

How many times do you think JU read something that started with "JU, you really should...."

20. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

John posted somewhere on the book of faces that he wasn't planning on adding another bike to the mix. Cost, and some other factors, but it's been discussed.

Cory rode his tail off at VIR, and it made for one of the best races finishes of the season so far. Dude can roll.

Edit: found the link. Good convo all around. https://www.facebook.com/groups/839666292744035/permalink/1803638549680133/

VFR#52 likes this.