1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerds!!!! Website guys and gals (and photo peeps), school me.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

In case your phone number has changed ... SmugMug.

-steve

2. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Divorce
    Homeless
    Cameras all broke
    Worked at Kroger as a meat cutter for a while
    Worked in a metal shop for a while
    Laid off in November
    Now halfway through cancer treatment

Been a little busy doing nothing I would have ever wanted to do. But I am better for it.

How have you been

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's a rough go of it. Keep your head up man and I hope you get a bit of break from the crap for a while.

4. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

That is over the course of 5 years. I am doing good right now. Cancer treatment is not the lose your hair kind and the surgery went well. I'll be done with that phase of my life in July.

Some day I'd like to return to Barber and visit and take some photos again. Cancer sucks, but I'm not done yet.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn dude. Same old shit here. Sounds like you need to come out to the track.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whenever you can make just let me know. You still in TX?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Same, did you get a new phone number? 678 number now?

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Brandon - Sorry to hear about your trials, but it sounds like you are in a good place. Good luck with getting back on top of everything. We miss you at the WMRRA races, things just aren't the same without you shooting. Yeah, all things must change...

Take care, and hope to see you again.

Phil
    WMRRA #217

9. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

It's not really new, but that's the area code yes.

-steve

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Public events, people can bitch, but they don't have a legal leg to stand on, been shooting for 30 years, 25 at a newspaper.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

okay, next question. Which one can I use and have it automatically change the size (20% of original)? Smugmug is looking like my option but I don't want to put a lot (or any) work into putting the photos up.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

OK. How many midgets in assless chaps are there in the NOVA area for you to take pics of?

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Cloudinary, depending on the volume of pics. You can dynamically apply transformations via URL arguments at delivery, so you don’t have to modify the base image if you want to adjust size or resolution, watermark etc. You can also change your settings to apply to only premade transformations so no one can access the base image. They also offer sophisticated grouping with
    metatag management, which becomes much more important as the volume of images increases.

There’s a ton of other shit I use them for, but with your use case it’s not necessary.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

ALL chaps are assless, Joesph Merrick!

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So did you get your website full of ass cracks, moose knuckles and camel toes going yet? I assume that's what you take pictures of so you don't have to always be looking up.

ChemGuy likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

IrfanView will do batch resize processing. Then upload to the host. It's technically work, but even RiTchie could do it.