1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's get Hooters to sponsor CJ.

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, May 8, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember going to a Hooters around 86-87 after I was out of college and living in Texas. Went with my sister and my best friend and thought it was cool back then and thought about trying to open one. I think it was a 250K investment, back then, and I couldn't make that happen. At that time they weren't in Illinois or Texas.

Now I haven't been to one in at least 10, maybe 15 years.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, that's just… I don't even know where to start with you. Every time I think you couldn't possibly be any weirder… I'm speechless.

cpettit, Sabre699 and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Fixed it for you.

obcbr likes this.
  4. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I like to look in real life.
    Cycle Jam.

5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Do you have any redeemable qualities? :Poke:

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My shot on goal are hitting mid 80s this week and I once ate 26 jelly belly jellybeans through a straw.

TurboBlew and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:bow: Fucking thank you!

TLR67 and Shenanigans like this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

George decamp ran Hooters Suzuki. Steve, his son, would show up to race his cb350 and have the Hooters girls for his umbrella girls.

Paging @Johnny B

5axis and obcbr like this.
  9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Tilted Kilt?? Tee -Hee :)
    upload_2018-5-8_18-31-54.jpeg

obcbr and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  10. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I worked at the 2nd Hooters that opened here in Nashville when i was a teenager while cruising through high school. Best job ever for a 17 yr old!

I had fun, is all ill say about that...

Was an avid supporter of the local Hooters that opened just down the street. Until it went full corporate and ruined the old school Hooters experience. Too fancy, higher prices, no drink specials and had to wait to be seated...

obcbr likes this.
  11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I don't think George ran it. That was Steve's gig. At its peak he had 2 two rider teams. One ran Formula USA (Himmelsbach/Kern ?) and the other ran at AMA nationals. (Pegram/Barnes) Add to the confusion the Hooters team that ran at Loudon. I remember at one point Bette French getting pissed off and withholding passes because they were asking for freebies to get 15-20 girls into the Loudon Classic. Brian Cushing and Mark Cussan were the local riders, I believe.
    Steve snapped this picture of me at Road Atlanta in 1998, the first double header.

[​IMG]

5axis and TurboBlew like this.
  12. Johnny B

At the 1999 Loudon Classic, the women in Tom Fournier's entourage had special tank top shirts made up for the occasion. They were stopped at the pit gate by the AMA officials and told that they had to wear full sleeved shirts. I remember Pat pointing at the Hooters girls and asking, "What about them?" The AMA official replied, "Those are their team uniforms!"

13. Johnny B

They didn't work at Hooters, but Steve used them at Laguna Seca. Any of them look familiar?

[​IMG]

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

My wife and I actually like hooters. Breaded wings with medium sauce is half decent. And their fish tacos aren't bad either. By no means is their food anything special but getting down there for an early dinner with the wife during happy hour is a decent meal at a decent price.

15. More recently, Hooters sponsored Tim Hunt and his endurance team several years ago.

TLR67 likes this.
  16. You just think Hooters is disappointing in the US. Wait till you go to a Hooters in Asia and realize the food sucks, and there is no cleavage.

TLR67 and condon66 like this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:eek:

18. joec

joec brace yourself

I think you're right now that I think about it.. it was Steve's gig. It's been years.... But I remember those days. Good times.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

Is that stormy Daniels?

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Ha! That's exactly what I said to myself.