1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone dealing w/ post-concussion-syndrome/cte?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, May 7, 2018.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Anyone dealing w/ any of this from multiple head/helmet impacts?
    Any Rx-prescribed or holistic medication helping?
    Thank you

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yes.

Booze.

track wagon likes this.
  3. Basket Case

Basket Case New Member

I get stoned in the morning N' get drunk in the afternoon!

track wagon likes this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Ive had 4 over the yrs, and I are no suffer any lasting bannanna bastard face effects that I know of....shit ..dick butterflies..farts..

zjay and badmoon692008 like this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Don't we have at least one resident mellon head?

JK, best of luck to you in your healing.

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Mmfor? (Sp?)

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

mmfoor

Ducti89 likes this.
  8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Yep. That guy.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Football, boxing, mountain bikes, RR, moto, MMA, and a lifetime of other fuckery, so yeah.

I’ve been unconscious from impact about a dozen times and finally at 38 I’m realizing I need to do everything I can to never have another one... BUT

Its more important to me to live my life the way I’m happiest than it is to preserve years that are not guaranteed.

I don’t spar when I’m dehydrated, I buy the best helmets money can buy, and I allow the throttle to turn the other way when there’s an obstacle on an MX track that’s beyond my ability. So far so good. My eggs haven’t been scrambled in a while. The only effect that I’ve observed is significant reduction in testosterone, which I can fortunately supplement.

I’d never fault anyone who decides not to put their most important organ at risk, but for me the juice is worth the squeeze. If I start losing my keys too often I may change my tune, but no one gets out of life alive.

Gorilla George and K51000 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Time.

track wagon, K51000 and BigBird like this.
  11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

We all have regrets, but don’t let them be for NOT doing something you enjoyed.

12. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Look into vestibular rehabilitation if you are having issues with dizziness. My niece knocked her head a few times and she worked with a therapist on a program. The results were very good.

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

On the subject of recovery: I friend of mine owns a cryotherapy company that sells an all electric full body machine. It’s basically a walk in freezer that runs at about -130°.

According to him, there are benefits to that type of cryo for helping heal brain injuries. Might be broscience, no idea.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I have no lasting effects from my many concussions....

15. Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens Member

I'm still feeling the effects of my last concussion. 18 months later. I've tried to avoid medication and will see an acupuncturist when they get real bad. I try to treat with aspirins. My regular doctor also says it takes time. He doesn't feel that up to two years after an event is out of the ordinary. Very frustrating.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's correct and it can be longer with a TBI. I've known people to be 5 years out and it's like a light switch gets flipped one day and they're more like they were pre injury.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I probably had a concussion from one (or two) of my many crashes. Never diagnosed or named as such.
    Since my 1996 crash, I am a different person and according to some actually a nicer/better/"less moody" person.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You had way more than a concussion on the two big ones, just not as good at naming them back then.

Fuzzy317 likes this.
  19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So you have always been like this?

20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Epley's maneuver/Canalith Repositioning.

K51000 likes this.