1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRS plate in toy hauler

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, May 2, 2018.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I am preparing myself mentally to drill holes in my pristine toyhauler floor for TRS plate (s).

That said, aside from confirming that I don't drill into the water tanks, what do you all do to "seal" the holes once you've drilled and prior to bolting the plates in.

This may seem like overkill, but the trailer is in really good condition and we got it for a song. I don't want to trash it by creating a potential leak or weak spot etc.

Real world input appreciated.

thanks
    M

2. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I'm going to PM you

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Gracias

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That is precious. :D

BigBird likes this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep - I always add that with some hope. :crackup:

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Oh and be careful what that xrated guy tells you, he is old and gets confused at times..... (j/k, he is a standup person)

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Dammit, I wish I could disagree with your comment about being old and confused....but I can't. So, since I'm a "stand up" guy, I think I'll just sit down and think about it. :D

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Any polysulfide caulk NO SILICONE!!!! Ever!!!!

Then spray undercoating on everything, snowbird

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

mine has glass wool insulation under the subfloor, that covered with tarp. the right way to do it is to get the trs plate bolts into the joists, not the open floor. (will require different screws).

fixed ta trs install where the R6 tilted (@Barber) on teh exact same one. we cut into the tarp, went through the glass wool, then added a plate and washers. then taped up the tarp again.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:stupid:

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

can be tested with a safety wire drill ;) or a stud finder

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If the floor can hold these Pigs up Anything will work!!
    [​IMG]

NemesisR6 likes this.
  13. gabriel

gabriel Well-Known Member

How wide is that trailer? if u dont mind me asking.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

15. gabriel

Thanks i appriciate it i think thats what mine is not sure im gonna go check later but if do nice to know thats what i can do.

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If you don't have fenders more than likely its a 8.5... Nice to be able to walk past the bikes too with plenty of room....

17. gabriel

Shit just remembered i dont have fenders but i do have those beds on the wall on a track that folds down.I dont use them thats why i forgot but looks like they might have to come out bikes are way more impotant then somebody else being comfortable my bed is up front so im good.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Phil - explain “tarp” part of this? Did you lay the tarp down to keep insulation contained or as seal of some sort?

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

RRP likes this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey