1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F3 froze over winter

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CR750, Apr 6, 2018.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Picked up an F3 and it sat with water wetter over winter. Clearly jacked up. What usually goes?

Thanks
    Jon

2. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I've picked up an F2 and a F3 in the last 6 months, have been going through them bit by bit.

What's clearly jacked-up on the F3 you picked up? Glad to help if I can.

3. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Mine cracked in two places when that happened, in the oil cooler up front and back of block on the water jacket.

4. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

my gsxr 750 froze while sitting in trailer. 2 freeze plugs underneath cams popped out. tried to buy them from suzuki, not available. so i cleaned up shoulders , hit sides of plugs with a center punch to 'upset' the metal , and re-installed everything. worked great

5. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Sorry to respond so late, i was wondering about the oil cooler. It was pour water in the radiator and it would pretty much fill the block. Unfortunately the F3 does not have freezer plugs (that i have seen anyway).

6. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

F2 that froze on me once had what sounds like the same crack on the back of the block. Got it welded up and it ran fine.

7. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Same story here once.
    There are o rings that wear out in the oil cooler, freezing probably didn't do them any favors. It's a 5 min job to put in some new ones.