1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waffle House

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steak Travis, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Sketchy reporting then... OK, so even if that were the case - they found them in his home or whatever - his rights to firearms had already been revoked at that point. This whole thing is nuts.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What I haven't heard/read is who actually owns the firearms. They could be dads.

3. ton

ton Arf!

wanna expand on that?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His comments aren't mutually exclusive unless you think state run mental hospitals will fix everything that is wrong in the world. Personally I don't feel that way but they could help some.

5. ton

ton Arf!

Agreed. It's an exceedingly complex problem.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It would help. Mental health budgets nationwide have been slashed to the bone. People that would have been locked up for their own benefit and ours are now free to roam the streets because putting them in institutions was somehow deemed inhumane. Inevitably they find themselves on the wrong side of the law, but even the prisons can't handle some of them, so ironically, they wind up back on the streets, and eventually wind up killing someone or being killed. LOTS of the bad shoots in the FTP thread are on people that really shouldn't have been out in public in the first place.

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

+1

How many times have we read/saw in the news about some homeless lunatic killing a person for no good reason? I can recall a story maybe two decades ago of one slamming a brick over some wanna-be model in NYC.....when will we as a community demand something be done, from our legislators, about the obvious mental health issues we're seeing almost weekly now?

The Parkland shooter, imho, would have absolutely been an excellent example of someone needing to be committed........now this guy, the nekkid mass shooter, I mean seriously, is there any question to his mental condition?

If funding an entire institution in every State is the problem then at least expand a wing or two at some hospital....something. I mean, these lunatics who call themselves Democrats are ALWAYS seeking "TO DO SOMETHING", except the one obvious solution or start to a very real problem.

On a side note, it's going to be interesting on hearing how the Secret Service will justify giving the family back their guns, FBI is going to love the attention being taken off them for a little while.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Agreed, except the obvious problem I see with the "take the guns away from the crazy people" is that eventually, it'll be determined that everyone who desires to own guns must be crazy, so they'll take them all away.

galloway840 and badmoon692008 like this.
  9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Welp...guess this was spot on. It's already all over the place, this was the fault of the NRA.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep over the years I have met people that should be confined. I also have known people who should be free but supervised. If they fail to medicate/check-in/whatever it should be very easy to confine them. Knew on fellow who was really nice when 'normal' yet strong enough to break a breaker bar by pulling on it. When he was off he was quite dangerous. Perfect example of what you are talking about IMO. Letting him have 100% freedom wasn't a good idea for anyone including himself.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Well apparently they caught the fucker.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

And the majority of the comments are something along the lines of race. How, if he wasn't white he'd be dead already. Oh, and that this is Trump/NRA's fault.

XFBO likes this.
  13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The majority of comments where?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Certainly not on CNN.

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Odd places like Yahoo. Some link to a more local news site a friend had put up on the Facetoobs. Discussions on Facetoobs. You know, reliable and balanced sources :)

XFBO likes this.
  16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I predicted that amount of retard belly aching by dinnertime.

Like it needs to be EXPLAINED that if you comply and follow orders, something magical happens, life continues.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Kind of a shame in his case but I suspect he will be put away for a LONG time on a psych hold

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

He wasn't shot because he was in Toronto, not because he complied, because he didn't comply until it was clear the cop just wasn't going to shoot.
    Watch the two videos on this site and tell me he wouldn't have been shot in NYC or Chicago or Detroit.
    He made every threatening move or vocalization he could think of to force the cop to shoot.
    I wouldn't have faulted the cop for shooting.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/04/23/suspect-arrested-north-york-van-incident-know-far/

These 3 pics are from 1 second of action where the guy goes to his pocket while saying he has a gun in his pocket and then points at the cop; no way would he survive a move like that here.

shooter 1.png
    shooter 2.png
    shooter 3.png
    shooter 4.png Doesn't that look like a gun to you?

19. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

He should have been shot...
    Why are you hijacking the WH thread with AR Van chit?

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If you go back in time, the do gooders did a story about abuse at state run mental hospitals. Rather than fix the problem by cleaning up the system they decided it was better to just do away with the hospitals....It sounds so good at first. Unintended consequences, I guess. Lots of parallels to the ban gun issue.

sheepofblue likes this.